No melee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obscurite View Post
    I really do wish they ported UC2 to PC and allowed bot only characters to be available for player use. Would have been bloody popular back in the day when unreal engine 2.5 was fresh to tap into for the modding community. Well now we have UT3 so maybe we could probably manipulate that to make a UC2+ modification.
    Even though I enjoyed 2k3/4, it never gelled for me like the original...

UC2 is definitely the best Unreal Series game released since UT99. After playing it when it came out, I really felt it was so good there was no way they couldn't port it to PC.

There was a mod team working for quite a while on trying to do a community port of it to 2k4, but they were running into some insurmountable obstacles if I recall. I don't believe it ever made it into a playable state.

And Melee...the impact hammer is not only a melee weapon, it's an AWESOME melee weapon. Get into a DM-Biohazard match online with 9 or 10 of your closest friends and use it exclusively for most of the match...THEN pass judgement on it's effectiveness.

Comment

Diesel is alot of fun with the hammer too. I love my hammer

Comment

Melee? :| I guess you've never played a PC Unreal game yet.

Comment

On the rare occasion that one is close enough to someone to use a melee attack, one is pretty much already dead.

Comment

if you want melee, there's always cod4 and halo. unreal uses the impact hammer.

Comment

Impact Hammer ftw! maybe we'll get the chainsaw back in a patch, now thatd be fun too...

itsa shooter, not kung fu fighting

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
                Even though I enjoyed 2k3/4, it never gelled for me like the original...

UC2 is definitely the best Unreal Series game released since UT99. After playing it when it came out, I really felt it was so good there was no way they couldn't port it to PC.

There was a mod team working for quite a while on trying to do a community port of it to 2k4, but they were running into some insurmountable obstacles if I recall. I don't believe it ever made it into a playable state.

And Melee...the impact hammer is not only a melee weapon, it's an AWESOME melee weapon. Get into a DM-Biohazard match online with 9 or 10 of your closest friends and use it exclusively for most of the match...THEN pass judgement on it's effectiveness.
                Indeed, I was following that total conversion team since they first announced their progress with some of the models but unfortunately things didn't cut it too well.

Comment

Working...
                X