No melee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No melee?

ummm why is there no melee you cant have a sucessful fps with no melee..
    i would like this in a patch

the impact hammer is the only melee weapon

Comment

one word, "Impact Hammer"... uh i mean 2 words

FPS = First Person SHOOTER (that should explain enough i think)

Comment

Originally posted by [209] View Post

FPS = First Person SHOOTER (that should explain enough i think)

I believe the correct term to use is

Unreal

Comment

UT has never had melee unless you take into account a mod like chaosUT.

And "you can't have a successful fps with no melee" doesn't really hold water considering how popular UT has been over so many years.

Comment

Also UC2 is the version on the Xbox that has melee combat built in as an intergral part of the gameplay mechanics. That is also a great console version of a UT type game. I love the character models and use of colors in UC2. There are also some very nice levels in that game and for a console game it shipped with a ton of content and a lot of cool characters that were very distinctive and had great skins that are visible on any map pretty easily. Man I love UC2 ... I should stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              Man I love UC2 ... I should stop now.

best one for consoles by far. always hoped for a uc2 2k4 FC, but it never came

Comment

Biohazard + Impact Hammer = melee action w00T!

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  Also UC2 is the version on the Xbox that has melee combat built in as an intergral part of the gameplay mechanics. That is also a great console version of a UT type game. I love the character models and use of colors in UC2. There are also some very nice levels in that game and for a console game it shipped with a ton of content and a lot of cool characters that were very distinctive and had great skins that are visible on any map pretty easily. Man I love UC2 ... I should stop now.
                  I really do wish they ported UC2 to PC and allowed bot only characters to be available for player use. Would have been bloody popular back in the day when unreal engine 2.5 was fresh to tap into for the modding community. Well now we have UT3 so maybe we could probably manipulate that to make a UC2+ modification.

Comment

Anyone know if UC2 is backwards compatible for the 360? I had a copy of that game for a long time, but I think I may have traded it in. I loved that game.

Maybe they'll add that to the classic xbox section for download. If not I'm gonna start looking for a new copy.

Comment

UC2 is backwards compatible. Has been for about half a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wygrath View Post
                        Anyone know if UC2 is backwards compatible for the 360? I had a copy of that game for a long time, but I think I may have traded it in. I loved that game.

Maybe they'll add that to the classic xbox section for download. If not I'm gonna start looking for a new copy.
                        Yes it is BC, but you won't see much of a performance boost unfortunately.

Comment

Well for me it performs just fine ... but what I love is how much better it looks ... it looks so good ... nice and detailed and clear. I really wish the Juggs from that game had made it over to UT3. The Nakhti also turned out to be really cool replacements for the Anubans.

Comment

you cant have a sucessful fps with no melee..
                            ut+ut2k4 had no melee... im not quite sure but for some reason...yeah.. i think they were successful....

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_Spawn View Post
                              you cant have a sucessful fps with no melee..
                              ut+ut2k4 had no melee... im not quite sure but for some reason...yeah.. i think they were successful....
                              They had the shield gun, so they did have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X