You were killed by Rook (Flak Cannon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    I wondered about that... but if that were they case, why didn't they simply turn on the console death messages by default? Why this clunky message? Sounds like more work for less result.
    If they added funny messages, it would have had to go through the translation process (because reusing the console messages would have been worng, they are conjugated at the third person) and would probably have been way to much hassle (and time) just for this small feature.

But they should also enable console messages by default anyway. They provide a different kind of information. For instance, whether a tank that just shot me is still alive and kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
      So, hear whats Mr. Noisemaker has to say, it is very important! Ok, not really, but i like the word "important", ("import-Ant" Haha. Fun.)
      I would prefer the big, red, "new" (restored) Kill-Message then this stupid descriptions in the lower left Corner, "Scheibenwischer got slimed by 209' snot rag".
      The annoying ones are just simple an precise, the Name of the Enemy and the Weapon, all i wanna know. Maybe it looks like a Debug-option from the Programmers, but i say it is fine, like in the old Days.
      Useful for flaming Flak-imps, too
      nice colourfull reply there

I've Played UT from the start (yes played UT99) and i got used to the death messages in the lower left corner.

i'm just looking for a way to change it, I can edit it now but still can;t remove the thing i want to get rid off

IMO they should have made it optional

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      I wondered about that... but if that were they case, why didn't they simply turn on the console death messages by default? Why this clunky message? Sounds like more work for less result.

If they wanted to offer a clear, to-the-point and unfunny message, they could have given players a choice like this:

Death Messages:
      - Off
      - Funny (X got slimed by Y)
      - Short (Y > BioRifle > X)

Epic isn't one for adding options to the UI, nowadays. I wonder why. It's not as if console players need their game to have as few options as possible.
      Looks like epic is getting lazy, i still hope they give more options in the new UI they are constructing (or they should at least construct a new UI)

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
      Maybe they should look at the "Pro" and "Contra"-Complainers (is that right? sounds stupid.) and count witch one has more "votes"...
      one word, optional

they should not change, they should add options

Comment

Working...
      X