No announcement yet.

You were killed by Rook (Flak Cannon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they added it in the patch. Just ignore it.

Comment

It is a useful addition, despite any arguments you may try to raise against it. It is espesially useful when you don't know what killed you. And don't say to just turn on the death messages. They don't always say what killed you, especially if you were killed by something in the map as opposed to another player.

Comment

I don't need it in IG which is the only thing I play so I would like to be able to turn it off...

Comment

who is rook

Comment

Originally posted by Simeon View Post
            It does look like a quick fix at the moment.. "oh wait, let's add the killer's weapon somewhere in the kill message.. let's concatenate it at the end.. yeah, that'll do".
            Actually thinking about it I think the reason they didn't use more elaborate kill messages there is because it would have had to be translated in the various languages (hence going through a bunch of different external people, probably overkill for a patch that's essentially bug fixing), whereas the translated weapon name was already available.

Comment

Most pointless thread ever?

Er, hang on... get over it dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacunaa View Post
                who is rook
                One of the Ronin bots.

Comment

Funny, the first time i saw rook was after i installed the 1.1 patch

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiablo2k3 View Post
                    Most pointless thread ever?

Er, hang on... get over it dude.
                    yet an other non constructive adition to this thread ... thx

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                    Funny, the first time i saw rook was after i installed the 1.1 patch
                    hence the topic.

anyway i've done some searching in the configuration files and i can edit the "You where Killed by" and even figured out the weapon name trailing it (well at least part of it when i removed the english weapon name and it was replace it with the italian one :s )

but still haven't found out where the "(" and ")" are noted and I am still searching for the string that points towards the item names in those config files

but getting there, seems like almost every messege and link is just in plain text so that makes for easy editing, you got to love XML

when i've figured it all out with or without your help i will make a how to topic for the people that like something diferent

Comment

Originally posted by [209] View Post
                      yet an other non constructive adition to this thread ... thx
                      No. I'm just tired of people making a big issue out of nothing... *sigh*

...but you are right, I wasn't being constructive. Apologies.

Comment

Some people might actually like this, did you thought of that?
                        Thats why it should be an option in the menus. Options has always been a good thing of UT. I can play it just how I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                          Options has always been a good thing of UT. I can play it just how I like it
                          True......

Comment

This is a video game, how can HUD clutter be a non-issue?? Of course it matters. Especially when there's this much of it.

To those saying it does not affect game play, you're wrong. The message stays on your screen even after you spawn and begin fighting again. It is right there in the middle of your screen as you're already back in the game trying to aim at somebody or see what's happening.

Clearly the better option is the more traditional bottom left corner type thing (or anywhere but the middle of my screen for that matter), which many of us Fixed by turning them on in the ini. So these messages in the middle of my screen were not only in the way of me playing the game, they are also redundant. Not needed in the 1st place. And that was before they added more to them.

But anyway, the answer is obvious, just give us an option to turn them off already. Along with everything else HUD clutter related that has been requested in many threads, and the issue is solved. It's not rocket science.

Comment

havent seen this but it sounds stupid...u can tell how u die without it, and if u cant you wouldnt know realistically speaking anyway

Comment

i like it - if you see some dude got you a few times with the same weapon - I usually go after them with the same one.

i thinks its helpfull

Comment

Working...
                                X