No announcement yet.

You were killed by Rook (Flak Cannon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont mind it, its nice to know. They should have just gave us the option to switch it off. If you want to complain about something complain about the lack of options.

Comment

The feature is really useful, I'd almost consider it mandatory.

You people should really learn to stop whining about good working well applied features.
      This isn't the first time someone started to bash a perfectly fine feature, by far.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitWaffle View Post
        IMO 'annoyed' is a lower level of angry.

And the fact that you think the game telling you what killed you is a problem is dumb.

You got killed. <- Thats great!

You got killed (rocket launcher) <- Wtf? Thats ****. I don't want that option. What could they have possibly been thinking. I'm bright enough that I don't need to be told what killed me. I'll never ever ever need that option and it annoys me so much more than actually being killed that I think it should be turned off. How dare they insult me by assuming that I can't tell what killed me. If I needed that much help, you might as well turn on auto-aim. In fact, can they make the little white arrows point out where my enemies are? They're lucky I'm such a forgiving person or I'd auction my game on eBay. I mean really I would. But nobody would buy it as soon as they found out that text told them what killed them. In fact, I've just solved my own problem. I'm going to take a piece of tape and put it over the middle of my monitor right where that text appears. Much better! Hmm... now wheres my blood pressure medicine?
        let me guess you're at work and bored...

anyway i like things simple, to much info is to much at least for me, the splash message "you got killed by <insert name here>" is enough.

"I" don't need the weapon info, that little thing seems to annoy me, so hey I think I find it annoying, it's like that itch you can't reach. not saying that other people could do without, in that case I would have made a bigger generalization to appeal to more people.

not angry. I get angry with retards that have nothing to contribute to a thread and start replying as if it will sort out my little annoyance.

to get to the point, still looking for a way to change the splash message, any help would be welcome

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
        The feature is really useful, I'd almost consider it mandatory.

You people should really learn to stop whining about good working well applied features.
        This isn't the first time someone started to bash a perfectly fine feature, by far.
        LMAO ... bashing the feature... love it... no i'm just trying to fix my own little annoyence

IMO 'annoyed' is a lower level of angry.
        **Also I felt it necessary to note that when you started your thread, you put a by the thread title. I didn't interpret this as a not mad/slightly annoyed face. I believe that's an angry face, but hey thats just me.
        Noted, not the best emoticon to choose, should have been the blue sad one changed it to

Comment

Oh no! You've changed it to the sad one now! I don't think you feel sad either.

I don't think theres a way to change that message though.

If epic was like "Hey 209, we're keeping the message that annoys you, but we're adding more smilies that will better indicate how you feel about the message", would that make you feel better or no?

Comment

It's useful but not exactly poetry. They could have at least tried to make it look cool. There's all these funny death messages around already. Why not recycle those?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
              I like it, and since you're dead it doesn't really matter if it takes up more screen space, since you don't need it at the moment.

You said it bro.

I like the idea of knowing who killed me with what.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                It's useful but not exactly poetry. They could have at least tried to make it look cool. There's all these funny death messages around already. Why not recycle those?
                It might feel a bit crowded on screen, wouldn't it? Plus the message doesn't stay that long on screen. You don't exactly have enough time to read a war & peace sized message.

Comment

Oh no! You've changed it to the sad one now! I don't think you feel sad either.

I don't think theres a way to change that message though.

If epic was like "Hey 209, we're keeping the message that annoys you, but we're adding more smilies that will better indicate how you feel about the message", would that make you feel better or no?
                  thats not the point, anyway I've taken note of your witch hunt and I'm happy I give you a chance to waste away some more time by replying to every single message in a negative way.

Hope this reply is to your liking, waiting for your next non constructive reply

cheers

Still waiting for a reply on my question: is there a way to edit the splash messages?

thx.

Comment

awww.... thats no fun.

There's probably no way to actually change it unless you make some sort of advanced mutator of some sort. I don't think its anything simple you can just change in an ini.

As time progresses, I'm sure epic will add a TON of options to the interface though. Unfortunately thats probably going to be after they get the game working 100%... which inst a bad thing in itself.

Comment

aw i was hoping for a new one anyways thx for the answer and yes 100% functionality is preferred as well...

anyone els got a different take on the splash message changing thing?

Comment

Why the Hell does People care about a modified (nothing new, just added "(Weapon)" to the Rest) Death-Message? They dont have to read it, just press fire to continue. There is no effect about the Gameplay, so stop crying and concentrate on the useful, missing Things, like a working Team-Balance and a useful Menu like Back in UT99 with Options for everything, i want full control about the Game, not this Console-like, castrated Menu.
                        Thats a real Problem, not a Weapon-name enclosed into two round-brackets.

Well, aside i'm sure in a real Menu they cold implement a Option to turn off the Death-Message...

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
                          Why the Hell does People care about a modified (nothing new, just added "(Weapon)" to the Rest) Death-Message? They dont have to read it, just press fire to continue. There is no effect about the Gameplay, so stop crying and concentrate on the useful, missing Things, like a working Team-Balance and a useful Menu like Back in UT99 with Options for everything, i want full control about the Game, not this Console-like, castrated Menu.
                          Thats a real Problem, not a Weapon-name enclosed into two round-brackets.
                          dear Mr. Noise Maker, why did you bother to reply to this thread? i am looking for a possible solution to something that annoys me, myself ... not the world.

thx for your constructive comment and utter ignorance. And nice to know you got bigger issues then I have.

if anyone else has something to add as constructive as this? please pm me or make a dedicated "[209] is a whiner topic", but please stop spamming this thread as i am still looking for a way to change the splash message

Comment

Everyones entitled to there own opinion.
                            I dont like it as well,but it would be nice to have an option to turn it off as well as THE WHITE ARROWS :P
                            It`s not a game stopper,but still i dont want it rubbed in my face you was killed by so and so with a snipergun ect.

Comment

It does look like a quick fix at the moment.. "oh wait, let's add the killer's weapon somewhere in the kill message.. let's concatenate it at the end.. yeah, that'll do".

Comment

*Scratches head*

Ummmm . . . . the killing weapon has been part of the message since the original UT99 . . . . .

They didn't add it in, they restored it.

Comment

Working...
                                X