No announcement yet.

You were killed by Rook (Flak Cannon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you'll find it usefull when you used to it. Nevertheless there should be an option to disable it, power to the clients.

Comment

never had any issues with figuring out what killed me, imo even in warfare i think it is useless info in the splash, anyway if it is so important ask for a combat log option.

still looking for a way to edit the splash message

Comment

I like the message, there's been so many times that I've died and that message was the only clue as to how. So for example, if I get artilleried 1 second after respawning in my base... guess what my priority is to destroy next time I respawn?

Comment

I will say that it has a slightly jarring lack of ring to it, maybe. Adding "You lose! (Blah blah blah)" suddenly seems less flowing. I'd vote for a change to make it less like coder info, and more like a game message. Why not basic versions of the console spam, such as, "You were shredded by Player's Flak Shell!"

Comment

why they added it?.....because a lot of players wined about it ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
              I'd vote for a change to make it less like coder info, and more like a game message. Why not basic versions of the console spam, such as, "You were shredded by Player's Flak Shell!"
              Exactly what I was thinking. It's too useful to be angry when it gets added, so at most I'd like to see the option to get rid of it.

It's not in the PS3 version and I'd like to see what I was killed by, so here's hoping they add it in the next patch.

Comment

Why the hell are people complaining about something so insignificant?

I hate this game because I think the rocket launcher should be blue.

/no

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  I like it, and since you're dead it doesn't really matter if it takes up more screen space, since you don't need it at the moment.
                  + 1

Originally posted by BiscuitWaffle View Post

No, yellow with lilac highlights!

Comment

I was just going to say it before Biscuit said it, why in god's name are you b!tching about yet ANOTHER minor feature? Jesus christ, I'm a big flight simmer and you guys are even more hard to satisfy about a fictional game than prop heads are about the V speeds of a WW2 fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
                      Its completly unrelated to the pace of the gameplay. Sometimes you get killed, wonder why and can't figure out because a bunch of people got killed at the same time as you somewhere else in the map.

Knowing which weapon or vehicle suddenly killed you out of the blue is a very important information, especially in warfare. I suppose in DM you don't really care much.

In warfare however, if you get killed by a tank for instance, you can expect it to remain here for a while. And if you know it's a tank, you can start looking for where it was by turning the camera while you're still dead, and then come up with a plan to get rid of it.

So it IS important in some game modes to reliably know what you got killed with. Knowing who killed you is actually less important.
                      So not only do you want to be told what killed you, you want to be able to look around after you're dead too. lol. Like I said in another thread, it doesn't make sense to be able to continue to watch ANYTHING after you're DEAD, and it makes even less sense to be able to move the camera around afterwards.

Comment

I like the addition of it. I've been wondering a few times just what the hell killed me, those times it was mostly a tank shell or something else that's big, and it happens too fast to really comprehense how it happened. If a lot of killing is taking place at the same time, it's nice to immediately see what killed you, rather than finding out through the console.

Comment

I'm sick of all you useless morons complaining about great game features!

You've Been Flamed By ScuzzBuster (Keyboard)

Comment

This must be one of the top 3 most stupid complaint I've ever seen here on Epic Forums. And I've seen a lot of stupid complaints here.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitWaffle View Post

/no

I could never hate this game, just annoyed by a so called improvement

Originally posted by Unknown Target View Post
                              I was just going to say it before Biscuit said it, why in god's name are you b!tching about yet ANOTHER minor feature? Jesus christ, I'm a big flight simmer and you guys are even more hard to satisfy about a fictional game than prop heads are about the V speeds of a WW2 fighter!

why do i get the feeling some people are frustrated, yet an other post assuming people that post their thoughts are "angry"... why?

Originally posted by BozoB View Post
                              This must be one of the top 3 most stupid complaint I've ever seen here on Epic Forums. And I've seen a lot of stupid complaints here.
                              thx, but no complaint, just my thoughts, i'm looking for a solution, unfortunately no solution or alternative has been given.

Comment

IMO 'annoyed' is a lower level of angry.

And the fact that you think the game telling you what killed you is a problem is dumb.

You got killed. <- Thats great!

You got killed (rocket launcher) <- Wtf? Thats ****. I don't want that option. What could they have possibly been thinking. I'm bright enough that I don't need to be told what killed me. I'll never ever ever need that option and it annoys me so much more than actually being killed that I think it should be turned off. How dare they insult me by assuming that I can't tell what killed me. If I needed that much help, you might as well turn on auto-aim. In fact, can they make the little white arrows point out where my enemies are? They're lucky I'm such a forgiving person or I'd auction my game on eBay. I mean really I would. But nobody would buy it as soon as they found out that text told them what killed them. In fact, I've just solved my own problem. I'm going to take a piece of tape and put it over the middle of my monitor right where that text appears. Much better! Hmm... now wheres my blood pressure medicine?

**Also I felt it necessary to note that when you started your thread, you put a by the thread title. I didn't interpret this as a not mad/slightly annoyed face. I believe that's an angry face, but hey thats just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X