You were killed by Rook (Flak Cannon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were killed by Rook (Flak Cannon)

what the hell is that weapon info doing in the splash message?, it's annoying...
    all i want is... who killed me, not with what... like naming the weapon will make any difference...

anyway i would love to see it go... but as my luck is known to be ascent most of my life. is there someone that can tell me if it is possible to edit the splash message, if so where can i do it?

**** patch

hmm it dont bother me to much but i wonder why they added it

Comment

hm dunno it doesnt bother me a lot but it helps sometimes when i wonder what from where killed me

Comment

I'm already used to looking to the bottom left hand corner of my screen and speed reading all the messages to find my death in less than 1 second... lol

Comment

If you don't know who killed you and how, how on earth do you make sure it doesn't happen again? Tank shells from a distance especailly, run over by a nightshade, SPMA shell sometimes it can be difficult to know what happened.

But getting a scriptwriter to look at the actual deathmessages might not be an awful idea. But my grasp of english isn't good enough to come up with alternatives......

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
            If you don't know who killed you and how, how on earth do you make sure it doesn't happen again? Tank shells from a distance especailly, run over by a nightshade, SPMA shell sometimes it can be difficult to know what happened.
            death messages in the bottom left corner.
            also i am revering to the added "useless" weapon info in the splash message

Comment

I read a couple professional reviews that complained about not knowing what killed them, not seeing any info about it. Guess with UT3's pacing, it can more often happen so fast, you have no idea, and with the decision that the constant stream of console spam might not be to everyone's preference...

Comment

Originally posted by [209] View Post
                death messages in the bottom left corner.
                Sometimes it's just way too spammy to be practical.
                And also newbies are the one who really need to know how they have been killed to learn the game and most of them probably don't know how to enable console death messages.

As mentioned above getting killed by a SPMA for instance, or from behind by a self destructing scorpion is not necessarily obvious when you don't know the game (or even if you do).

Comment

I like it - a useful addition. Fail to see why the addition of this would warrant a complaint...

Comment

It realy is a useful addition...

Comment

Yeah I like it too. Nice to know I died from a far away comming sniper shot, instead of just dropping dead.

Comment

I like it, and since you're dead it doesn't really matter if it takes up more screen space, since you don't need it at the moment.

Comment

not saying it should be removed, but at least make it optional.

as for the "sometimes it's just to spammy or to fast" comment... yeah welcome to UT.
                          anyways still looking for a solution to edit it or remove it from the standard splash message.

Comment

cry cry tis all i hear

why does it bother uyou so much

Comment

Originally posted by [209] View Post
                              as for the "sometimes it's just to spammy or to fast" comment... yeah welcome to UT.
                              Its completly unrelated to the pace of the gameplay. Sometimes you get killed, wonder why and can't figure out because a bunch of people got killed at the same time as you somewhere else in the map.

Knowing which weapon or vehicle suddenly killed you out of the blue is a very important information, especially in warfare. I suppose in DM you don't really care much.

In warfare however, if you get killed by a tank for instance, you can expect it to remain here for a while. And if you know it's a tank, you can start looking for where it was by turning the camera while you're still dead, and then come up with a plan to get rid of it.

So it IS important in some game modes to reliably know what you got killed with. Knowing who killed you is actually less important.

Comment

Working...
                              X