• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many questions

Hello

I have some questions to the Unreal Tournament 3:

1. Question, shield gun:

Doesn't exist a shield gun with the shield? Because I used the shield very often, for protecting me against othr players and against damage for jumping off somewhere.

2. Question, hellbender:

In der Hellbender you can shoot in seat number 1 with the right mouse, that gives small damage. In Unreal 2004 that didn't give any damage, I was wondering, why that gives damage. Seat number 2 left mouse is similar to seat number 1 right mouse, is seat number 2 stronger? As example, when a Raptor attacks me and I'm in seat number 1, can I use right mouse or should I switch to seat number 2 ?

3. Question, bots:

How can I see, if someone is a bot? In Unreal 2004 I could watch the ping, if someone had a Ping 0, I knew, thats a bot. In Unreal Tournament 3 we don't see the ping, so how can I know, who is a bot?

4. Question, spiders:

Are in Unreal Tournament 3 no spiders anymore?

5. Question, speed:

I find the most maps in Unreal Tournament 3 slower, it was possible to camp somewhere and annoy other people. Unreal Tournament 3 is too fast. Until now I only find the map suspense is good for camping and relaxing. I don't like to play always with full concentration, so I like to camp sometimes. Which maps are bright, big, and good for camping? Until now I only found suspense.

6. Question, Laser gun:

In Unreal 2004 the laser gun was very effective to shoot at raptors, in Unreal Tournament 3 I think it gives less damage and it is heavyer to aim. Has someone the same expirience? What is the best gun against raptors? Of course the avril, but after the avril I think the mini gun left mouse? Mostly I don't have an avril.

7. Question, Manta:

In Unreal 2004 the lasergun right mouse was effective against mantas, when they flew into the shock, they were getting away of me. Or it was also possible to explode that shock in front of the manta to destroy the whole manta. In Unreal Tournament 3 it is too difficult. How can I protect me against mantas?

In general, I liked UT2004 more, I liked Artic Stronghold, Torlan, Primerval, it was more fun. I don't like to be dead all the time, it is like deathmatch and I don't like this.

It was more funny..I could put spiders on mantas, I could drive by hellbender on a hill and camping,

1: There is no shieldgun

2: Don't know, I only play DM

3: The 1.1 patch has ping included

4: Not that I know of

5: I HATE campers

6: Dont know (DM only)

7: Don't know (DM only)

Comment

1. Question, shield gun:

Doesn't exist a shield gun with the shield? Because I used the shield very often, for protecting me against othr players and against damage for jumping off somewhere.
      UT is about fragging, not protecting yourself so you can jump and prance around like a fairy.

2. Question, hellbender:

In der Hellbender you can shoot in seat number 1 with the right mouse, that gives small damage. In Unreal 2004 that didn't give any damage, I was wondering, why that gives damage.
      Yes it did give damage in UT2004, clearly you didn't try it enough.

Seat number 2 left mouse is similar to seat number 1 right mouse, is seat number 2 stronger? As example, when a Raptor attacks me and I'm in seat number 1, can I use right mouse or should I switch to seat number 2 ?
      Seat 2 has a bigger charger, although you can't hear it charge up and the visual indication is poor. Bad choice on Epic's part to change this gun so much.

3. Question, bots:

How can I see, if someone is a bot? In Unreal 2004 I could watch the ping, if someone had a Ping 0, I knew, thats a bot. In Unreal Tournament 3 we don't see the ping, so how can I know, who is a bot?
      Bots have standard names & behaviors usually. Get to know them.

4. Question, spiders:

Are in Unreal Tournament 3 no spiders anymore?
      Spiders are deployables used by the Nightshade.

5. Question, speed:

I find the most maps in Unreal Tournament 3 slower, it was possible to camp somewhere and annoy other people. Unreal Tournament 3 is too fast. Until now I only find the map suspense is good for camping and relaxing. I don't like to play always with full concentration, so I like to camp sometimes. Which maps are bright, big, and good for camping? Until now I only found suspense.
      While I don't necessarily like "campers" in non camping gametypes, Epic HAS made the whole game too frantic. If you want to play a gametype or style of game that allows more stealth or relaxed play, wait for sniper servers to come out, or play vCTF.

6. Question, Laser gun:

In Unreal 2004 the laser gun was very effective to shoot at raptors, in Unreal Tournament 3 I think it gives less damage and it is heavyer to aim. Has someone the same expirience? What is the best gun against raptors? Of course the avril, but after the avril I think the mini gun left mouse? Mostly I don't have an avril.
      It's called a shock rifle, and this + stinger are still most effective.

7. Question, Manta:

In Unreal 2004 the lasergun right mouse was effective against mantas, when they flew into the shock, they were getting away of me. Or it was also possible to explode that shock in front of the manta to destroy the whole manta. In Unreal Tournament 3 it is too difficult. How can I protect me against mantas?
      Impact Hammer prim or secondary (EMP)

In general, I liked UT2004 more, I liked Artic Stronghold, Torlan, Primerval, it was more fun. I don't like to be dead all the time, it is like deathmatch and I don't like this.

It was more funny..I could put spiders on mantas, I could drive by hellbender on a hill and camping,
      go play it then if you're that in love with it. Warfare is not very fun I agree, but 2k4 ons wasn't perfect either.

Comment

2 - With the patch the rear turret now does more dammage vs a raptor. But don't spam shots - wait for a full recharge. Personally I'd hit the raptor with the rear turret, then get out and use my avril rather than wait the 3-4 seconds for the second shot - if he's actively attacking.

5. THere are a lot more turrets now that are generally good spots.
        6. Stinger primamry if they are far away - secondary if they are close. But never be without an Avril. I always carry one.
        7. I agree, I liked the shock defense against mantas as it was. Now shock do more dammage after you'll patch your game. Now vs a manta, you need an avril or jump in a scorpion. Nothing else works well. Rockets are very good vs vipers and are worth a try vs a manta.

I'm happy that spiders are gone. The hellener turret I haven't had time to try yet since the patch

Comment

1. They replaced the Shieldgun with the Impact Hammer, from the original UT99.

2. In UT2004, the Hellbender driver didn't have weapons, he just had the good ol' Horn. In UT3 they've made the Hellbender seat 1 take on driving and the Shock Gun (seat 2 in UT2004). This is so that there's no more single, defenceless drivers out there.

3. Get the patch from http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591638. It shows the Ping values now, and all Bots have 0 ping. (And learn the bot names).

4. The Nightshade is a Necris vehicle which can deploy four items, one of which is the Spider Mine 'box'. This 'box' buries itself in the ground and whenever any enemies come near they'll get spiders chasing them. I don't know how long it lasts.

5. Most of the VCTF/WARFARE maps are huge now, and there ARE camping spots. You just have to find them (they're usually near Sniper locations, although everyone knows where those are, so find some more =P).

6. The Redeemer's pretty effective (if you use the alt fire, aim it and destroy it near enough). You could always get into another Raptor and fire missiles at them. If you're aiming is good, you could lock rockets on them (just hold crosshair on it until it changes and you hear a beep).

7. There's a giant discussion forum about that somewhere, everyone's saying the Manta's too powerful now. I believe it is too, although the best weapons against them are hitscan weapons (Shock Rifle, Minigun, Sniper Rifle, Enforcer *cough*) or the Raptor's auto-lock Missiles.

(8) The spiders-on-mantas was a glitch which they never got round to fixing.

~Jubis

Comment

Working...
          X