why not 1080p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not 1080p

lots and lots of X-Box 360 games are in 1080p and why is PS3 owns not getting more games in 1080p we have a blu-ray player that out put 1080p and all blu-ray movies are in 1080p output but not this game , it only 720p why why COD4 output 1080p and it looks amazing on my LCD TV. I have a 1080p TV and any time i play a game in 720p on my TV it just dont look as good as 1080p i was very dissapointed on this game for many many reason and one of it is why why not 1080p **** it..........

I think it's something about developers not using all 8 cores.

Comment

I feel you on that one. Should have considered 1080p

Comment

Call of Duty 4 is the multiplayer king of PS3 now

Comment

gpu processing power and to keep the frame rate up is obviously easier with lower resolution. less pixels to track. I believe. Could be wrong. Frame rate obviously important with such a fast pace game, with quick turn rates and alot of fast mostion.

Comment

what i just dont get is i have s $600 system for over a year now with a blu-ray player and a system that comes with a HDMI in put but there are only a few games that can out put 1080p..

Look at Xbox 360 when it came out it didnt have a HDMI input but there learn from there mistake and with the new Xbox elite it will have a HDMI input but yet sony came with a HDMI connection but no games in 1080p why do this to us...

i been reading all these message about how Epic rush this game for the PS3 owners with alot of unfinish things, again why are you doing this to us i would rather wait for a finish game rather then paying $60 for an unfinish game.....

Comment

Its something like the Xbox 360 upscales the resolution differently then the PS3. I don't know any of the technical stuff though....

Comment

And the GPU on the 360 is more powerful/flexible.PS3 overpromised and underdelivered on it's GPU/Ram. Cell is cool and all that but ram/gpu are what counts for display.

Comment

Um COD4 isnt even HD, its 600p.

And PS3 does scale UT3 to 1080p.

Comment

why not punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by sourshishke View Post
                      Um COD4 isnt even HD, its 600p.

And PS3 does scale UT3 to 1080p.

if you read the back of the game box on cod4 it says 1080p and if you read on UT3 it says 720p if im worng about that then somone please tell me im seeing things and reading it worng when i have the game right in front of me....

and i know what 720p game and 1080p game looks like 600p for COD4 where you get that information lol lol and for UT3 it says 720p in the back of the game box so im i wrong does it not say 720p....

Comment

Originally posted by No-Split-Screen View Post
                        i been reading all these message about how Epic rush this game for the PS3 owners with alot of unfinish things, again why are you doing this to us i would rather wait for a finish game rather then paying $60 for an unfinish game.....
                        You and everybody else mate.
                        At least yours runs...

Comment

if you read the back of the game box on cod4 it says 1080p and if you read on UT3 it says 720p if im worng about that then somone please tell me im seeing things and reading it worng when i have the game right in front of me....

and i know what 720p game and 1080p game looks like 600p for COD4 where you get that information lol lol and for UT3 it says 720p in the back of the game box so im i wrong does it not say 720p....

I read in another thread that if you disable 720 and the other option it will upscale to 1080p

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post
                            I read in another thread that if you disable 720 and the other option it will upscale to 1080p

yes i read that thread but its only upscale if thats even true why upscale when you can just make it fully 1080p HD, thats a game that i what just like COD4 do they not know how clear and amezing a 1080p game looks like its just make me mad when a good game like UT3 comes out all unfinish and lots of mistake made for the PS3 version..

Comment

lol, the box says so.

COD4 is 600p as in NOT HD, google it for the proof. Halo3 isnt HD also

Comment

Working...
                              X