This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way to inport mods or maps, its all a hoax

As it stands the ps3 doesnt have any way to load mods or maps from a external memory stick as epic promised, the game it self doesnt have any way to load maps or mods either.

It looks like the only way to do it is through a dedicated server, So Wtf is the point of that. So people wanting to test there mods have to setup servers now????

if im wrong and i missed something then please someone enlighten me, Otherwise epic should step up to the plate and give us how to's or admit they lied

JoshAdams
    -----------------------

Hmm, sorry about the dead page. I'll get that looked into.

However, the PS3 mod tools aren't quite ready yet. We are working through some final legal/release issues.

When it's ready, you will need to download the latest PC patch and another PS3 Mod Tools "patch" that adds the full PS3 mod support to the PC version.

You will have to cook ypur mods for the PS3 specifically. You will also need removable media (memory card, USB drive, etc) to transfer the mod from your PC to your PS3.

We will have the tools ready ASAP!!

Josh

ok so lets get this right, you tell us we can do something and then release a product thats not even ready similar to what happened to the pc version and tell us it will be playable eventually. All this in hopes to not delay the game.

You guys do relise waiting 3 or 4 months might have been in your best interest to not only finish the game but maby possibly to let some of the cod4 hype die down.

Im sad to say it being a long time unreal fan but the unreal series is on the verge of death.

I hope you guys got a big marketing budget.

i love you guys but seriously you need to stop *****footing around the issues and make some stickied posts explaining the mod tools and patches that are known and planned. Stop waiting for the community to revolt before giving us info.

They way this is headed UT wont be available on pc anymore after this one, it will be a console only game. For 2 reasons, obviously you can already see how the console dev has hurt the pc version.

but reason 1, its the best looking game on the ps3
    reason 2 pc people are ****** by the total disreguard for us, the pc version is consilized out of the *** and epic has been trying there hardest not to change that.

Comment

Ok, so you read the forum post From Josh. As for importing your content onto PS3 (once the tools are released) then you just go into "COMMUNITY" then go into "MY CONTENT", then hit square t "Import Content" from an external memory source.

Getting the game out before the holidays was a smart choice. With holiday PS3 sales increasing, theres not many good games to choose from in this genre.

Also, the entire system of cooking user mods into PS3 format, then playing them on your PS3 is ready to go, its not Epics fault that they have to wait for certification/legal/release issue. Thats outside of thier control. I'm sure they want it out now just as much as you do. So just relax and be patient. It will come when it comes.

Comment

i know your trying to defend them but it sounds more like incompitence to be honest. Since cliffyb is not working on ut3 you can obviously see a serious lack in quality.

certification/legal/release issue is a excuse. If they can release the game as it is now they had the time to get those legal issues and certs. The real problem is epics not finished with the stuff. Thats why things arent ready. There simply not done programming them. Both products, the pc and ps3 version where released unfinished with the idea that they can just patch everything out.

This may be true with small issues, but so far we have seen some pretty ****ing major issues that epic just let slide. Thats a total disreguard for the community with the intent to maximize profit. I love the company to death but im not happy with the management right now.

the pc community is making sure epic feels this. Notice the lack of players at all times on servers. This is both the players not liking how things are right now and the fact that half of the stuff doesnt work as intended.

Comment

Well I don't have the PC version so I don't keep myself updated about its issues, but I will take your word for it that they are there.

I see where you are coming from too. Maybe you are correct in way, maybe they did release it "not finished" as to use its loyal fanbase as "beta testers" to work out all the kinks so they can release patches quickly and more effectively. Either way thats not necessarily a bad thing - it seems to be the norm these days for Game Devs releasing PS3 games, at least. Like Warhawk, and COD4 on PS3 were plagued with problems and major issues. After much community uproar and long, long waits, Warhawk now seems to be perfectly stable and running fine. COD4 has yet to be fixed but hasn't been out that long considering.

And I do agree that the game shouldn't have been released without the ability to import user mods "out of the box" like Epic had promised.

Comment

I know some people will jump on karmatized as whining, because allot of what he's saying has run through the jaded gamer mill already.

They way this is headed UT wont be available on pc anymore after this one, it will be a console only game. For 2 reasons, obviously you can already see how the console dev has hurt the pc version.
            I'm kinda thinking future UTs will be few if not weaker for the PC in future releases. Epics Console approach is evident, now we just have to see if UT3 PC sales drop which would fulfill many PC fans concerns.

...but reason 1, its the best looking game on the ps3
            reason 2 pc people are ****** by the total disreguard for us, the pc version is consilized out of the *** and epic has been trying there hardest not to change that.

The PS3 has been a hard sell with all of the awaited games. Resistance Fall of Man, Lair, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword were supposed to be the killer apps but that hasn't materialized into significant PS3 sales. Now that news the Killzone 2 shots were touched up by the developer, the PS3 marketing campaign needs a nuke up their sleeves. I don't expect UT3 to start the flood gates however pretty it looks on the console.

Not having whatever tools/permissions/legalities squared away to allow mods does not a sale make. ASAP had better mean it.

Comment

Working...
            X