Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by weebl View Post
    Sorry for the bump but just wanted to say I just saw an ad for it on Discovery Channel. Ended with the words "Coming to your PC November 2007" in the middle of the screen with the UT3 logo behind it.
    Very cool news ... at last they are starting to push the "right" version ... j/k folks. Seriously this is very positive news ... it definitely proves Midway was waiting for the console version I guess to get the max benefit for their money.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the bump but just wanted to say I just saw an ad for it on Discovery Channel. Ended with the words "Coming to your PC November 2007" in the middle of the screen with the UT3 logo behind it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by btcomm View Post
    While I agree that it does not make sense for epic not to have a little mention about it being available for the PC as well, perhaps Sony helped pay for the commercial and does not want PC being mentioned?

That is the only thing that makes sense.
    I never looked at it that way but given this is a timed exclusive you are probably correct. They don't want any mention of anything even remotely connected to Microsoft on their dime so no mention of PC gaming because of Windows and no "From the Studio of the Year ... creator of Gears of War" like on the back of the box. However once the 360 version comes out you will definitely see quote that being used in the MS/Midway ads. Good call man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While I agree that it does not make sense for epic not to have a little mention about it being available for the PC as well, perhaps Sony helped pay for the commercial and does not want PC being mentioned?

That is the only thing that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    AnubantUT2, it was a joke.

"Pics or it never happened" is something that people respond when a guy is bragging about getting a hot chick.

I believe you saw it; I'd just like to see it myself. Not as proof, but because I've been looking forward to UT3 commercials. And I've tried searching for it in the past, but the videos are falsely labeled as TV commercials so there's no way I can tell what is a true TV commercial and what is just a joke or just a PC ad.
    Oh so those links were not to the actual commercial ... well just watch the sci-fi channel and also G4 and at some point I am certain you will see it. It features Reaper actually so it is a bit strange because it is like they (Midway) is plugging the SP portion of a game that is really a MP focused game ... makes me wonder if they even know their own product.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lostsoul3 View Post
    Actually, you do like to spread lies and twist words. I remember you, you thought that Highrise was a good map, lolol. Have fun in IA
    LOL ... very funny. I still stand by that map .... it was a lot of fun imo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Thank you ... I sure was not going to do it. People can always google things for themselves if they need proof. I have no reason to lie about video gaming stuff and I have been around here far too long to spread lies.
    AnubantUT2, it was a joke.

"Pics or it never happened" is something that people respond when a guy is bragging about getting a hot chick.

I believe you saw it; I'd just like to see it myself. Not as proof, but because I've been looking forward to UT3 commercials. And I've tried searching for it in the past, but the videos are falsely labeled as TV commercials so there's no way I can tell what is a true TV commercial and what is just a joke or just a PC ad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    I have been around here far too long to spread lies.
    Actually, you do like to spread lies and twist words. I remember you, you thought that Highrise was a good map, lolol. Have fun in IA

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    That's seriously the commercial that was seen on TV?

I thought that was a joke.

I'm disappointed.

Personally I am not sure that the result I got when I looked on youtube ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post
    We posted the commercial in the thread ...
    That's seriously the commercial that was seen on TV?

I thought that was a joke.

I'm disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prime View Post
    w00t! Found the UT3 Commercial!
    Very funny! ROFL!

I hope someone can put the real ad up on YouTube 'cause I don't watch TV.

We can't blame Epic for catering to the console players; they have to follow the money just like all of us do out there in the real world. Let's just hope that the game becomes a smash hit on the consoles and that its popularity on consoles helps to advertise it to PC players (many of whom don't seem to know the game exists nor anything about its history). Sadly, we're going to need popularity on the consoles to help drive sales for the PC game.

Given the way some of the other PC releases are selling, you have to wonder if the gaming companies have outsmarted themselves with high hardware requirements. In the pursuit to sell people on graphics and not game play, have they shot themselves in the foot?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic Games is a business, and a business tends to wherever the money is made the most.

But saying, "Ugh, this game is so console based, I'm not going to buy it for PC" won't help us PC gamers at all.

Use your heads.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prime View Post
    w00t! Found the UT3 Commercial!
    YA! Das ist gut.

Super Mario's Unreal Tournament 2k8. Ooh! scratch that, wouldn't want ppl referring to it as S.M.U.T2k8.
    Super Unreal Mario Tournament 2k8.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
    Because we all know the millions of dollars it would cost to say "Available for PS3 and PC"

I must say, it is a true shame how PC gamers are the ones that started the franchise. We are now being given the boot.

The best of all this? In the end, they will look at the figures and say "Oh will you look at that. PC sales were the worst of the bunch. Let's not focus on PC games anymore." Well duh. You only advertised it for the consoles.

Can we blame them? No. They need to make their incomes, too.

But someday, a company dedicated to its fan base will rise and find the perfect balance between profits and taking care of your fan base properly. Oh wait, doesn't Blizzard do this already?
    QFT!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post
    I hope it is not this one lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4aiocT5I6E

it is so **** funny though
    This might have been funny if it wasn't for the fact EVERYONE saw it ages ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X