The TV ads have started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TV ads have started

It appears that my hunch about TV commercials for this game coming once the PS3 version came out was correct. Finally saw one on Sci-Fi channel just two minutes ago and of course it was for Playstation as well as Gamestop. And it didn't even say available for the PC on the commercial. I think we can all see clearly now why the UI is the way it is and that Epic is definitely going into a new direction as a company. Hopefully though they will remain the great company they have been when it comes to releasing great looking technology and exciting games for the PC even if they are no longer PC centric. Anyway you will start seeing these commercials more frequently I would guess since this is a much better game than BA51 and Midway is publishing both games. Look for them on G4 of course.

lol at scifi channel!

yeah but, either way its good news. i hope this helps the pc community especially.

Comment

I wonder why they didn't mention that it's also for PC.

Comment

Let's face it, the console market appeals much more to the average joe consumer slash casual gamer. Therefore, advertising specifically for the PC doesn't make much sense from an economical standpoint. Then again, the current Bioshock commercials say Games for Windows clear as day.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
          Perhaps was there the little PC icon at the end like many ads do, even if they didn't mention it?

Comment

Are you able to capture the commercial so we can watch it? Or maybe it's already available on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
              As I said in my original post, "I think we can all see clearly now why the UI is the way it is and that Epic is definitely going into a new direction as a company."

And this is largely due to the success of both UE3 as an engine for very successful Console games like R6V and Bioshock and of course the amazing success of Gears of War as new IP aimed at the console market. The potential for the most profit exists on the console platforms as far as advanced looking FPS games are involved and Epic clearly sees this and is transitioning themselves to be a major player in this next generation of console gaming.

I would have to say that the shift is occuring because of costs associated with running games with graphics heavy engines on PCs vs Console ... you all know the story by now. Mass markets and such ... and yes Epic being a business is going to do what any business would do and make as much profit as possible doing what they love to do ... make games. So for them the platform is no longer important in the sense that PCs are the it thing ... now they have at least one good game for all three graphics focused platforms ... PC, PS3 and 360. From here on out this is the face of Epic. Of course I have to mention UC1 and UC2 but they never had the impact necessary to give Epic the ability to become a major player on the console scene. Gears of War changed all of that almost instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by snoogans460 View Post
                .... Therefore, advertising specifically for the PC doesn't make much sense from an economical standpoint.....
                Because we all know the millions of dollars it would cost to say "Available for PS3 and PC"

I must say, it is a true shame how PC gamers are the ones that started the franchise. We are now being given the boot.

The best of all this? In the end, they will look at the figures and say "Oh will you look at that. PC sales were the worst of the bunch. Let's not focus on PC games anymore." Well duh. You only advertised it for the consoles.

Can we blame them? No. They need to make their incomes, too.

But someday, a company dedicated to its fan base will rise and find the perfect balance between profits and taking care of your fan base properly. Oh wait, doesn't Blizzard do this already?

Comment

Originally posted by snoogans460 View Post
                  Let's face it, the console market appeals much more to the average joe consumer slash casual gamer. Therefore, advertising specifically for the PC doesn't make much sense from an economical standpoint. Then again, the current Bioshock commercials say Games for Windows clear as day.
                  Gears of War is not an official "Games for Windows" game and so doesn't use that banner on its packaging. There are some rules you have to follow to put that on your box and this game must not meet all of them or you would definitely see that on the package. Even Lost Planet and WiC have that box. It is supposed to make the games more standard like an Xbox 360 game so people can have better success with games being compatible with their PC. I think that the game must use some feature of DX10 because other than Halo 2 all the Games For Windows games I know of use DX10 to some degree even if it has been patched in. Even Gears of War lets the game enable AA through the UI using DX10 unlike UT3 which requires going outside of the game to enable AA. Maybe someone knows for certain and can give provide some info ...

Comment

Please don't turn this thread into anything resembling complaining against Epic for their shift in business plans. I really really don't want this thread closed. I am just making an observation about what they are doing and not bashing them for doing so ... I think we can just discuss this without taking a side ... it is a pure business decision anyway. Plus PC gamers will still ALWAYS have the BEST graphics and that is always a reassuring thought ... the PC platform will not be overtaken by a console for a long time to come if ever. Thanks.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw an ad for it on Discovery Channel (I think that was the channel at least) about two weeks ago. I only caught it in the corner of my eye though so I don't know whether or not they mentioned platform.

Comment

political commentary?

look the fact is we know we are just better than anyone on a console and while it may be annoying to see our games get played by noobs, we really should let them. It's unfair for us to play cool PC games and school the ubernoobzen.

I call it corrective action. Simply they need help, they just arn't as good as us and we have to pull them up. console players can't work hard to climb out of the hole they've dug. Its just not possible. We must go to the holes themselves and show them salvation. although the games will need to be 'corrected' do to their lack of precision.

I also firmly beleive that the final correction must be the taking of the ubernoobzen to the computer. we must not allow teh ubernoobzen to come on their own behalf, because they will bring with them the mannerisms of the ubernoobzen and pollute the ways of the 'true pwners' of video games.

Aquinas spoke of a city on a hill, spainish conqured for the city of gold, the pilgims came to build a city of god. They were wrong.

Here we are, to build the last city, the Last City, the city that pwns, and pwns hardcore.

Comment

Epic's next game will be for the Wii then, since it continues to outsell the competition.

Mario's Unreal Tournament 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh View Post
                            Mario's Unreal Tournament 2008
                            Mama- OWNAGE!!!- mario

Comment

w00t! Found the UT3 Commercial!

Comment

Working...
                              X