Game crashes as it is starting even after patch 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game crashes as it is starting even after patch 1.1

Both before and after the patch I get the same problem. I go to start the game I get the splash screen followed by a few seconds of black then it kicks me out and says "UT3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."

I would post the error report tech info but it is a million pages long. The error report signature states.

Appname: ut3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0001eb33

The demo worked just fine so I have no idea why the full game is doing this. I have heard people saying it has something to do with onboard audio. I have tried updating my video drivers with no luck.

Any clues on how to make this game playable?

My system is

Windows XP Pro SP2
    P4 3.2Ghz
    1GB of RAM
    nVidia GeForce 7600GS
    Onboard Audio (SoundMAX)

*****bump****

Comment

Post your problem and all the information you deem relevant in the "Technology & Troubleshooting" section of the forum. You're more likely to get help there.

Comment

Here are some options you might try:

Edit the UTEngine.ini which can be found in My Documents\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config.

For older NVIDIA cards:
        [Engine.ISVHacks]
        UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
        bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
        PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

...and then...

[SystemSettings]
        OnlyStreamInTextures=True
        OneFrameThreadLag=True

Let us know if that works.

Also, if you still have problems, try the other tweaks in my thread, listed in my sig below.

Namely I am intersted in the possibility you might have a sound issue causing the crashes, actually.

Comment

Working...
        X