PS3 Problem - Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Problem - Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Lag

Using the Logitech MX3200 wireless mouse and keyboard I get horrible lag in UT3. The mouse and keyboard don't seem to exhibit this behavior in the Playstation Store.

I did plug in a usb keyboard and mouse and the problem cleared itself up (pretty much...still not as solid as on pc).

Whassup wit dat? Wired stuff for the ps3 blows. I want the wireless stuff to work as well as the controller from a responsiveness perspective.

i'll add this to the UT3 patch request thread at
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591873

Comment

same here man. I have a G7 with a wired keyboard, keyboard works fine, mouse skips horribly. I don't have a USB extension to run a wired mouse to my PS3 either.

Comment

i had to run out (very angry mind you) and purchase 5m extension usb cables to make sure it was the wireless mouse and keyboard.

ps3 - 599
        ut3 the game - 59
        wireless keyboard and mouse that I cant use - 89
        new usb keyboard and mouse that i can use - 56
        two usb extension cables - 24

(not to mention the 46" lcd and wireless bridge(s) to move my dsl modem to directly attach to the ps3 to reduce latency)

wires all over the place for a next gen console - priceless.

i shoulda just built a new pc..........

Comment

i hope a patch solves this issue. i tried both a wired and wireless mouse and both of them had me looking in random directions at critical times. 50% of the time i was running through the maps looking straight at the floor. if this doesn't get fixed soon then i'll probably throw the game up on eBay because as of now it's unplayable. the sixaxis handling is a joke as well.

Comment

haven't tried a wireless mouse yet, but make sure to deactivate mouse smoothing, helps a lot with a wired mouse

Comment

Strange. I use a Razer Diamondback and I don't have any problems with the mouse at all. If there is mouse lag, I sure can't tell it.

Comment

Working...
              X