Console port control schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console port control schemes

First and foremost, listen only to me, cause I'm right, I have played all Unreal gamez, and I am a vet, and this is serious thread:-)

Epic Games!!

Please do not use the control scheme that you guys mapped out for PS3 on any other future UT games. This includes the 360 version of UT3.

The controls for the PS3 version of the game a really bad on the shooter side of the game, and the hoverboard controls are pretty bad as well.

I would'nt call it a total failure of button mapping, but at least make it FULLY configureable through menus. Don't "lock in" lefty players, or those with more unorthodox control preferences.

For the Xbox titles of the past, you guys did a really good job of mapping to those controllers. UC2 being the best overall.

Please look at your past console iterations of the series and see what you did RIGHT. If it aint broke don't fix it. I suggest starting with the UC2 contol scheme, and adjust from there to fit UT3.

360 FPS players will laugh at PS3 style contols...DON'T DO IT!!!! Assign the dodge to a shoulder (RB) button or something. Or even make it somewhat context sensitive like UC2, only "less bouncy" in that UT3 "grounded" style. Or maybe even just make the dodge, a "stick click", on the left (movement) stick.

Originally posted by UT360 View Post
    First and foremost, listen only to me, cause I'm right, I have played all Unreal gamez, and I am a vet, and this is serious thread:-)
    Oh wow. Narcisissm central right here. Population 1.

Comment

Epic Games!!

Please do not use the control scheme that you guys mapped out for PS3 on any other future UT games. This includes the 360 version of UT3.

The controls for the PS3 version of the game a really bad on the shooter side of the game, and the hoverboard controls are pretty bad as well.

I would'nt call it a total failure of button mapping, but at least make it FULLY configureable through menus. Don't "lock in" lefty players, or those with more unorthodox control preferences.

For the Xbox titles of the past, you guys did a really good job of mapping to those controllers. UC2 being the best overall.

Please look at your past console iterations of the series and see what you did RIGHT. If it aint broke don't fix it. I suggest starting with the UC2 contol scheme, and adjust from there to fit UT3.

360 FPS players will laugh at PS3 style contols...DON'T DO IT!!!! Assign the dodge to a shoulder (RB) button or something. Or even make it somewhat context sensitive like UC2, only "less bouncy" in that UT3 "grounded" style. Or maybe even just make the dodge, a "stick click", on the left (movement) stick.
      can you answer my question in this thread please it would help a lot.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591994

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post
        Oh wow. Narcisissm central right here. Population 1.
        You think I was serious right there?

Comment

Actually, after playing around with the control scheme, it seemed you could change any aspect of the control scheme. It looks fully customizable to me, at least.

The only thing I would have changed about the controls is the right d-pad button being the PTT (Push To Talk) for the bluetooth headset I have. I changed it to L3 instead of L3 being jump. Now it feels a little better and it's a lot easier to talk on the move by pushing in L3 than right on the d-pad.

Here's what you do to change the controls:

1. Go to the Settings menu.
          2. Go to the Input menu and press Triangle.
          3. You can change your controls to "South Paw" and edit the button schema to whatever you want it to be from there via a tabular list.

Once you've done that, come back to this thread and tell me you don't like the controls that you set up yourself.

Comment

Wow someone has a big ego and you thinks because your an Unreal game vet that your opinion is always right... well your wrong buddy.. well no one has to listen to you.

Comment

the only thing at first i thought was weird was not being able to map your dodge to axby (or w/e the ps3 buttons are). most players did this on uc1. however once i got into the game, i actually really liked how the dodge was used...left analog click in a direction. wall dodge is dodge jump into a wall, use stick opposite way off the wall. its really simple and works great for me. thanks epic. game runs great.

Comment

you clearly have no idea what your talking about. please stop talking.

Comment

Working...
                X