Welcome PS3 Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome PS3 Community

Just wanted to Welcome the PS3 users into the fold and let you know that all of us PC Jockeys are not console player haters. Sometimes we forget that ANYTHING that expands the Unreal Community is a positive.

It's also easily forgotten that though I would never personally sacrifice playing my shooters on a PC, that there have been more console versions of Unreal series games now than PC versions

UT99 on Dreamcast and PS2
    Unreal Championship on XBOX
    Unreal Championship 2 on XBOX
    and now UT3 on PS3 and 360 (soon)
    Unreal 2/XMP on XBOX as well

I'd also like to give my props to probably the best of the UT (other than the untouchable original) being the XBOX exclusive UC2: Liandri Conflict. One of the most underplayed shooters ever on console. It was a true work of art (still lamenting that NOT hitting PC). Well, UT3 I think will take the 2nd place title from UC2 I believe.

Those of us not in denial understand that the console market is where the gaming money is these days, and the popularity of any series is going to rely on console sales as well.

Since I won't buy a PS3, I am very curious regarding how that whole PS3 thing works out, especially with mods. Also, any long term UT series PC gamers going console exclusively now either due to PC hardware limitations or by choice?

I just picked it up for ps3. Im dissapointed with the online system /features, but the gameplay so far seems good. I dont like pc games (except sims lol), and im a console gamer, so hopefully everything works out good with ut3, because i was really looking forward to it. hope some of the "issues" get fixed soon.

I just really wish there was a party system and clans.

Comment

Thank you for your welcomes. I hope that the rest of the pc community expresses the same sentiments and welcomes us into the UT community. I hope that ps3 players and pc gamers can live in harmony and share lots of cool mods. I am a huge UT fan since ut99. I still play anthology but even 2k4 has frame-rate issues for me thus why I opted for the ps3 version over updating my craptop. I'm glad my fellow ps3 players finally get the chance to play my favorite series.

Comment

EPIC is awesome at supporting their software though patches and extra content. The PC version had some problems when it came out but we just got a patch and fixed quite a lot of problems.

I'm sure PS3 users will start seeing fixes soon enough.

Comment

Thanks for the hearty welcome.

Luckily enough, I started off as a PC player. Unfortunately, due to the price of keeping up with the latest computers and my lack of funds, I'm satisfied with playing the PS3 version of UT3.

Thus far, I don't have many complaints. I'd really like to see how the game would play sped up by maybe 10% though. It's faster than any other console shooter still, but I have to admit that the speed difference is noticeable. Don't take that as a bad thing, just different is all.

The next to-do on my list is to get an HDTV. I have a 36" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen tube right now, and while it looks amazing I know it'll look 10x better in hi-def.

Again - thanks for the welcome (even though I live on both sides of the fence!). Hopefully others are as welcoming as you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DeejayKnight View Post
            I'd really like to see how the game would play sped up by maybe 10% though. It's faster than any other console shooter still, but I have to admit that the speed difference is noticeable. .
            There's the speed freak mutator which came standard in the PC retail version. Is it in the PS3? I think it speeds the game up by 20%, which should give you the same game speed experience as the PC

Comment

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
              There's the speed freak mutator which came standard in the PC retail version. Is it in the PS3? I think it speeds the game up by 20%, which should give you the same game speed experience as the PC
              I don't know if it's standard in the PS3, but you can bet I'm gonna be looking for it now! Thanks for the notice.

Comment

They maybe may wanna add a ps3 section for ut3 on the forums, i keep seeing more and more threads being started about ps3 stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
                  has to be by 25% to make it PC-speed.

Comment

surely there is someway to get it up to speed for those daring enough to try it with a pad.

Comment

group hug everyone

Comment

i have been playing ut since it first come out. I have been spending lots of $$$ on upgrading all my computers through out the years. I thought i would now try the console, the ps3 is the first console i have bought and i like it. UT3 is awsome on the ps3. I now hope that this game will lead the way into allowing m/k on consoles and ...

Comment

Lil_mermaid_girl, is it true that girls who actively play fps' secretly pwn?

Comment

Man, i would say so, i mean ive played them, on GEars and MAN!

Comment

Welcome to our community, guys.

For those of you who are new to Unreal Tournament, one of the distinguishing factors of the game that is very atypical of console games is the fact that the game can (and will) be modded by PC programmers and that they'll also be custom, user-made maps available, eventually.

I sure hope that the game does well on the Playstation and on the XBox because we're going to need hype from those communities to help advertise the game in general, thus promoting sales of the PC version.

Comment

Working...
                              X