Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ForceWare 169.21 just released .

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ForceWare 169.21 just released .

    Release Highlights:
    WHQL driver for GeForce FX, 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
    Improved compatibility and performance for NVIDIA SLI technology on Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.1 applications.
    Improved compatibility for game titles: BioShock, Crysis, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Hellgate: London, Team Fortress 2, and World in Conflict.
    Added PureVideo HD decode acceleration for GeForce 8600, 8500 and 8400 series GPUs.
    Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.21.html

    #2
    There is a thread already.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by upNsmokeISaGOD View Post
      Release Highlights:
      WHQL driver for GeForce FX, 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
      Improved compatibility and performance for NVIDIA SLI technology on Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.1 applications.
      Improved compatibility for game titles: BioShock, Crysis, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Hellgate: London, Team Fortress 2, and World in Conflict.
      Added PureVideo HD decode acceleration for GeForce 8600, 8500 and 8400 series GPUs.
      Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues

      http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.21.html
      Only XP not for Vista it seems.

      Comment


        #4
        msny: you're quite wrong.

        Comment


          #5
          I just downloaded the Vista x64 driver. So its there...

          Comment


            #6
            I don't know about the rest of you who have tried the 169.21, but it cut my FPS by 30%!? I switched back to the 169.09, and all is well, running steady 60 - 70 FPS. Not sure if it has this affect on others, would be interesting to see? If you have installed the 169.21 driver, let us know how it affected your FPS?

            DL Link for 169.09: http://www.futuremediacreations.com/ut3/Maps/169.09_forceware_winvista_32bit_english_beta.exe

            My Specs:
            Windows Vista Home Premium 32
            Abit IB9 MO-BO
            Intel CORE 2 DUO E6700 2.66GHZ EM64T DUAL CORE W/4MB
            CRUCIAL 4GB PC2-5300 667MHZ CL5 240-PIN DDR2 DIMM
            Dual Western Digital 250GB SATA300 8MB 7200RPM HDD
            BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC2 768MB GDDR3 PCI-Express
            BFG Ageia PhysX 100 card
            Dell 24" widescreen LCD Monitor @ 1920x1200

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Spaz View Post
              I just downloaded the Vista x64 driver. So its there...
              Thx I'll recheck...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DarthWader View Post
                I don't know about the rest of you who have tried the 169.21, but it cut my FPS by 30%!?
                Stayed the same for me...

                Comment


                  #9
                  w00t, new drivers. Maybe they'll fix some gamma reset issues I've been having with dual-monitor support.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Spaz View Post
                    I just downloaded the Vista x64 driver. So its there...
                    Do you have the direct link?. Because I only found 2 one was for XP and the one I thought was for Vista is for Win 2000 x64.

                    Thx

                    Comment


                      #11
                      A simple google.

                      http://www.warp2search.net/nvidia-fo...ta-s36200.html

                      Comment


                        #12
                        ...or directly at the nVidia site:

                        64-bit Vista:
                        http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_169.21.html

                        32-bit Vista:
                        http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.21.html

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
                          Thank a lot man.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by DarthWader View Post
                            I don't know about the rest of you who have tried the 169.21, but it cut my FPS by 30%!?
                            Me too man, I get 38 FPS IN THE MENUS!!?!

                            And when I start the server browser i get 4 FPS?!! (this was happening since the official patch tho)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Yay! nvidia has been pumping out drivers like crazy lately. I remember when a bunch of nvidia owners where *****ing their heads off about vista, sli support, and dx10 junk back in Feburary. I'm glad that mess is overwith.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X