SERIOUS LAG in UT3 PS3 online games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SERIOUS LAG in UT3 PS3 online games!

Just played UT3 on PS3 online. There is some serious lag and delay when you try to shoot your opponent. So bad in fact that the other players cream me. I hit my R1 or R2 buttons and about 2 seconds later the shot bursts out on screen. This is so bad that I would recommend not buying this game to anyone. That is unless someone can come on here and explain how to fix or announce that a patch is coming out soon to fix....

benjiedude: play on servers closer to you, take note of the ping shown in the server browser.

Comment

Maybe UT3 PS3 doesnt display ping but the bars instead.

Comment

I'd go to the bar with the best atmosphere and most chicks.

Comment

Well if other players are creaming you, could it be that they aren't experiencing the same lag as you? Are you playing wireless or wired? Do you have your ports forwarded for the PSN (or perhaps any other ports that UT3 may use)?

Sorry if none of this will affect anything, but it might. I recall similar issues in Warhawk.

Comment

Originally posted by benjiedude View Post
            Just played UT3 on PS3 online. There is some serious lag and delay when you try to shoot your opponent. So bad in fact that the other players cream me. I hit my R1 or R2 buttons and about 2 seconds later the shot bursts out on screen. This is so bad that I would recommend not buying this game to anyone. That is unless someone can come on here and explain how to fix or announce that a patch is coming out soon to fix....
            this is a issue with latency...

nothing can really be done about it, your ping varies depending on how good your connection is, the lower the ping the better it is
            i personally rarly ever play any game with a ping higher than 200, but under 100 is optimal..

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsnapper View Post
              Well if other players are creaming you, could it be that they aren't experiencing the same lag as you? Are you playing wireless or wired? Do you have your ports forwarded for the PSN (or perhaps any other ports that UT3 may use)?

Sorry if none of this will affect anything, but it might. I recall similar issues in Warhawk.
              not necessarily
              some people are having no lag issues on the server while others are on the same server... its all in how good your connection is to that server

Comment

Well I'll give my input, I had the same problem with my PS3, every server I joined had horrible lag. For example, a server with a 90 ping on the PS3 = horrible lag, while 90 on the PC runs fine. Just something I noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsnapper View Post

This is 100% right

I hanvt notices MUCH lag.. just search for a good server before you say "i would sugest that no one buys this game" 5 hours after u got it :P

Comment

play on the dedicated servers. I hope we get more of them, doesn't seem to be very many. [in DM anyway]

Comment

Ok. How about 8 hours after trying to find a good server. I wouldn't have bought this game if I knew it was going to have this much lag. Simply unplayable and not fun. I'm not the only one who thinks so because more posts are starting to pop up.

Comment

UT3 Beta on the PC proved there is no feasible way to play on home hosted servers, home PS3 hosted servers would probably prove to be no better.

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                          UT3 Beta on the PC proved there is no feasible way to play on home hosted servers, home PS3 hosted servers would probably prove to be no better.
                          are all servers home hosted? or are there dedicated servers from Epic?

Comment

I've had some amazing online games today on the PS3. When you get the server browser up you want to scroll to the servers with the lowest ping (number in the far right hand column).

Comment

Ya.. i dont have a great internet connection, but i play fairly lag free. Id even say amazingly well on most servers, but the high ping servers do lag alot (zomg unexpected!)

Just look for the lowest ping and you should be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X