Crosshairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosshairs

Why oh why is there so little crosshair options?!

I find it absolutely incredible that a game of Unreal Tournament 3's statue has so little crosshair customisation options - even to change the bloody colour you have to go into the .ini files!

Please tell me that in future patches this issue will get addressed and you'll be able to customise the crosshair just how you could in the original UT?

Why should we really on third party mods and mutators to create these options for us? We shouldn't have to. Get the the basics right, Epic/Midway, and you may actually retain some players for years to come, unlike the two previous joke additions to the UT franchise.

Yea I'm sick of having to go into the inis for just about EVERYTHING because they are too lazy to put an option for it into the "in-game's setting".

They release an unfinished product and don't care since Midway already paid Epic for the game, then now it's up to us to fix the remaining by beta testing it for free and creating mods...

Comment

Crosshairs isn't that bad to do in the INIs, you set it up once only.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
        But we shouldn't need to it should be an in game menu option with more of the old crosshairs from the previous games ported in to give people more choice.

Comment

Right, so you can change the colour but what about the size and a decent amount of crosshair styles? In anycase, this is hardly a solution for the average user.

Comment

Originally posted by dirky View Post
            Right, so you can change the colour but what about the size and a decent amount of crosshair styles? In anycase, this is hardly a solution for the average user.
            Yes it needs an UI with scaling and a drop down menu to pick em (but with the current system intact in the background since you can do some really nifty stuff with it)

Use this site btw: http://jeppo.de/unreal/ut3_crosshair...ner/index.html

Comment

I just want my dot back. I was instructed on how to get the dot after beta patch 2, but it is so SMALL that it is not usable. It is literally the size of one pixel on my LCD. That won't do.

Comment

I like the current crosshairs...

Comment

CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=412,V=30,UL=7,VL=6)

A bit bigger round dot, I personally use a 2x2 dot.

Comment

Thanks KriLL, I'll try it later.

Comment

I like the crosshairs, that way i know what weapon i'm switching to or threw without having my weapon hud up

Comment

If you know exactly what you want, in numerical terms. I usually like to fiddle around with a few adjustments, before settling on a preference.

Comment

Originally posted by [209] View Post
                          I like the crosshairs, that way i know what weapon i'm switching to or threw without having my weapon hud up
                          Coloured crosshairs can tell you which weapon you're using.

Comment

I like the current crosshairs...
                            I like the current crosshairs also, I just want to color them based on the type of weapon. You know, for fun.

Is there a detailed thread on how to just color the current crosshairs?

Comment

Originally posted by OgreHound View Post
                              I like the current crosshairs also, I just want to color them based on the type of weapon. You know, for fun.

Is there a detailed thread on how to just color the current crosshairs?
                              Go to your weapon.ini (My documents/My Games/UT3/UTGame/Config) and add a line for the colour to each weapon - the Link Gun entry for example looks like that for me:

[UTGame.UTWeap_LinkGun]
                              Priority=5
                              bTargetFrictionEnabled=TRUE
                              bTargetAdhesionEnabled=TRUE
                              CrosshairColor=(R=127,G=255,B=0,A=255)
                              Add such a CrosshairColor line to each weapon and set the colour to whatever you want. A RBG colour index can be found here:

http://www.pitt.edu/~nisg/cis/web/cgi/rgb.html

Comment

Working...
                              X