Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 PS3 Mod FAQ

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 PS3 Mod FAQ

It would be awesome if one the epic guys came in here and told us how to add the PS3 mods to the game. I have tried every folder combination possible. Including the "Published" one for the PC version. No mod is recognized by the game. The manual does not specify the folder configuration.
    In addition, the URL provided at the bottom of the "My Content" page does not work it is a dead link.
    http://udn.epicgames.com/PS3Mods/

Also the PC guys are asking if they have to cook there mods to support the PS3. I have been trying with the mods as is and nothing is recognized by the game.
    I would love to edit this post reflecting what we need to do to add mods to the PS3 version.

Hmm, sorry about the dead page. I'll get that looked into.

However, the PS3 mod tools aren't quite ready yet. We are working through some final legal/release issues.

When it's ready, you will need to download the latest PC patch and another PS3 Mod Tools "patch" that adds the full PS3 mod support to the PC version.

You will have to cook ypur mods for the PS3 specifically. You will also need removable media (memory card, USB drive, etc) to transfer the mod from your PC to your PS3.

We will have the tools ready ASAP!!

Josh

Comment

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

Comment

Okay, well the page is alive, but it just basically says to hold tight

Comment

JoshAdams: you forgot the animated under construction roadsign .gif

Comment

In other words... You guys are all liars, including Tanya Jessen.? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...hchchchaanges/

Why not mention this to everyone who has been pre-ordering the game looking forward to creating custom content?

Why not mention this when the ENTIRE time people have been looking forward to do exactly what you SAID the game will do.

Pretty much, you guys are falsely advertising this product. I'll put you u p there with Bungie. Saying that HALO3 was 720p.

Seriously..

You guys have talked up this feature so much, yet you don't even implement in in the LAUNCH game? NOR do you inform everyone via a press release that you CANT do what YOU"VE SAID IT COULD DO.

Do I need to repeat this again?

Gladly passing this one onto IGN/Gamepro/1up/Gamespot.. because this kinda news is just great.

Good job lying to everyone!!

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademask View Post
              In other words... You guys are all liars, including Tanya Jessen.? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...hchchchaanges/

Why not mention this to everyone who has been pre-ordering the game looking forward to creating custom content?

Why not mention this when the ENTIRE time people have been looking forward to do exactly what you SAID the game will do.

Pretty much, you guys are falsely advertising this product. I'll put you u p there with Bungie. Saying that HALO3 was 720p.

Seriously..

You guys have talked up this feature so much, yet you don't even implement in in the LAUNCH game? NOR do you inform everyone via a press release that you CANT do what YOU"VE SAID IT COULD DO.

Do I need to repeat this again?

Gladly passing this one onto IGN/Gamepro/1up/Gamespot.. because this kinda news is just great.

Good job lying to everyone!!

Cheers.
              To Mr. Drama Queen,

He said they're working out some issues. The game went live yesterday, calm down. Obviously, they've run into unforseen issues (as most programmers do), but at least a dev actually took the time to comment and make mention that they're working on the issues. Which is more than you can say for most developers.

At least give the poor team a week to work out the kinks.

Comment

I agree with blademask. What happened to releasing the game when it's finished?

Comment

So you're proposing we delay the game's release indefinitely because lawyers couldn't work out the rules for releasing the mod tools fast enough?

Comment

So, PS3 users won't be able to just download maps and mods from their PS3 ??? What if you don't own the UT3 PC version, then what ??

Comment

You don't need the PC version to *use* mods, you just need it to *make* mods.

Comment

So, I will be able to download them directly to the PS3 ? Or will I need to download them to a PC and transfer via external media ? Or if I use Red Kawa's file server can they be transferred that way ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
                          So you're proposing we delay the game's release indefinitely because lawyers couldn't work out the rules for releasing the mod tools fast enough?
                          You fail. And you missed the point. 100%. Just blew right by it.

Epic needs to let the game community know. They already have my money and I'm sure many others. Its very simple.. Thats what I propose.

See all the sites Epic advertises on? Send PR's to them. Simple solution. But why do that? Yeah people wont buy the game initially thats why. So its the same exact situation as Bungie claiming their game was 720p, then knowing it wasn't still advertising it as so.

If Mark Reign and the Epic We-Love-Ourselves-So-Much crew didn't hype up this feature incessantly people would have NOTHING to say. It would be a "oh well thats too bad, but I look forward to the patch." However since its been one of the biggest things to hit the console market. MODS on your CONSOLE game, as Tanya Jessen bragged about.

I am a CUSTOMER who was told this option would be in the game, OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Its not. And they aren't saying anything about it.

Why should I have to find out from the FORUM that it isn't in the game as EPIC said it would be?

This makes absolutely no sense, and its completely half-ass.

Comment

It is in the game. You just don't have any content to put in it. There wouldn't have been any content for it even if the tools had been released already, because mod authors wouldn't have made them yet. You're complaining just for the sake of it and you should stop it now.

Back on topic:
                            Originally posted by Tmorgan71 View Post
                            So, I will be able to download them directly to the PS3 ? Or will I need to download them to a PC and transfer via external media ? Or if I use Red Kawa's file server can they be transferred that way ?
                            You download them to a PC and transfer via external media.

Comment

Blademask, you do realise that there is nothing stopping you from getting started on your custom content now right? You don't need the PS3 version or the mod patch to actually make the content, and it takes a long time to make something good anyway. Most people will still be just getting started by the time the patch is out.

My suggestion is to stop being such a crybaby and just get to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X