• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    this is gonna be one big patch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Artifex33 View Post
    Just to update: no response yet from anyone at Epic on this topic. My expectations are diminishing daily.

A patch is upcoming, so should hopefully solve the issues... see the "usb mic" thread on the Support section for a confirmation from War about this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you could just do whati did and buy a wired set. i bought a logitech usb set and it was only 30 bucks for an optical mouse and low profile keyboard

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update: I've managed to play with the Logitech Mediaboard Pro now for a little while, and my impressions are mostly good. The controls are responsive and without any noticeable lag. All the keys are set up just like any other pc keyboard you've ever used, except there's a touch pad mouse off to the right side in place of a numeric keypad. The extra width that gives the keyboard makes it a little difficult to play off of a lapdesk along with a mouse. I'd really prefer they left off the touch mouse pad and narrowed the width. Now for the biggest issue: If you have this keyboard turned on before you turn on your bluetooth mouse, then UT3 reads the keyboards touchpad as the primary mouse! This took me a few minutes to figure out, but once I did, it's a simple matter to make sure the mouse is recognized by UT3 before I turn on the kb.

Overall, I'd say it works well, but if I had it to do over I'd spring the extra $100 and go for logitech's detatchable/configurable bluetooth keyboard so I could get rid of the track pad and narrow the kb considerably.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mike5GSR: eek. Good info there. I'm glad I resisted the Rocketfish combo at Best Buy the other day.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Logitech Mediaboard Pro, though I wish they'd left the touchpad off of it and made it narrower. Anyone who's interested in buying one, make sure to check out Amazon's price at just over $60 delivered. I have a Logitech bluetooth mouse I've been using for ages with my laptop, so I'll let everyone know if it works or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    RocketFish combo update:

Got to use the RocketFish combo more. Discovered some issues: I can't use my Bluetooth Motorola HS850 headset at the same time if the mouse is on. As soon as you flip the headset open it causes ridiculous mouse lag that eventually leads to no mouse response at all...closing the headset fixes it. Keyboard is fine throughout and you can still use the the SixAxis without issue. This is not a big deal since I never hear anyone using voice online anyway. This issue is only in game and all bluetooth devices work perfect in the XMB still.

Another issue with the RocketFish is you have to re-pair them every* time the PS3 is turned off. If you don't then the keyboard doesn't work in UT3, but my mouse and scrollwheel still work. This is only for the game because they still work perfect in the XMB without being re-paired. It also must be done like previously stated with the KB first and the mouse turned OFF.

*I have gotten it to stay working in UT3 one time without re-pairing>>>PS3 locked up connecting to Midway server and I held down power to turn off. Pressed power again, loaded UT3 and KB & mouse still worked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    javajake's explanation worked....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JoshAdams View Post
    I tested it with the Logitech PS3 branded keyboard/trackpad combo. I also tested it with some random bluetooth mouse a long time ago. AFAIK, there's no reason any bluetooth keyboard and mouse shouldn't work...
    um im playin unreal tournament 3 and voice glitches on blue tooth i enable my voice chat settings in the settings menu on ut3 and i cant even hardly here my friend and we have our bluetooths set up to the highest and the voice chat doesnt work really good for ut3 i mean i heard they were gonna release a patch soon, the gameplay is gorgeous and i love the physics and everything............the only thing that is wrong is voice chat plz fix this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by javajake View Post
    GOOD NEWS ON THE ROCKETFISH COMBO - It will work... The secret is to NOT USE THE USB-Dongle that comes with it... Go to the setup blu-tooth devices menu in the PS3, turn on ONLY the KEYBOARD, scan and register.... Now turn on the Mouse, and register it also through the setup menus.... Load UT3, and it both keyboard and mouse will work flawlessly, even in the menus....

It's AWESOME.... It's like playing a PC game on your TV....
    Thanks...it actually worked with my RocketFish setup. When I first got it I was irritated UT3 or the PS3 didn't recognize the scroll wheel(if using USB dongle). If I paired them directly to the PS3 they work perfect but not in UT3. I tried several combinations pairing either the KB or mouse to the PS3 and using the dongle for other...no good in UT3 but fine in the XMB.

Just gave up remapped my keyboard for weapon switching as a workaround until they patch it. Also hate that if you remap the "C" key then you can't crouch with hoverboard or lower flying vehicles.

So thanx...I must not have tried your way before. I never turned off the mouse while I paired the KB first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to update: no response yet from anyone at Epic on this topic. My expectations are diminishing daily.
    For all we know there is a patch ready and it's in Sony's hands. That's what sucks about the console world. They can't just make a patch and host it, it has to go through Sony first who will take weeks looking it over. It makes sense though, because if a patch bricks systems then Sony is the one getting all the calls and having to do replacements.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Furor View Post
    This is what I just got. and that's also my thoughts
    Do you have the mouse smoothing turned on or off in UT3? I keep going back and forth. For some reason, having smoothing turned off feels more smooth to me, but less responsive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
    I use the Logitech MX5000. It's bluetooth and it works perfectly, I'd recommend if you're looking into a nice set.
    This is what I just got. and that's also my thoughts

Leave a comment:

• replied
    RocketFish Combo Link

telezombie/javajake: Can one of you post a link to the hardware you're talking about?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1175388722621

Got it on Saturday Night, couldn't get it to work... Woke up Sunday morning, and tried it without the dongle, and everything started working fine...

Might be worth noting that I'm using the newer 80Gig model PS3 with 4 USB ports... May make a difference, I don't know...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use the Logitech MX5000. It's bluetooth and it works perfectly, I'd recommend if you're looking into a nice set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X