Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by DaWrecka View Post
    Bluetooth internet! Haha, such a laughably ridiculous idea.
    WTH? there's bluetooth internet everywhere, and it's fantastic.

As for it interfering with internet, which i believe is what he meant to say, most wireless internet has bluetooth collaboration.

I'm running things fine on a cheap wireless m/kb combo from microsoft (40 bucks cdn before our dollar skyrocketed)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    headfog: Bluetooth isn't laggy, so don't worry. The sixaxis controller is bluetooth.

rbjones: I hope the rumors I'm hearing of no headset support are untrue. The idea of playing a team-based FPS over the net with no headset when competing products use it so well makes me cringe at the $60 i just dropped.

birddman: I'll second the request to know which ones you're using?

doofstructor: I had the same issues with RF mice on my PC. The report rate maxes out at 60hz, which is horrible. USB is 120hz. I believe bluetooth is the same or better than USB. All bluetooth devices should partner directly with the ps3 system, just as the sixaxis controllers do, but I've not tried it yet because I've heard no offical word yet. *cough* *cough*!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i didnt have bluetooth, but i did have the logitech mx3200....and it was laggy as hell. Same RF (releative) frequency as it operated in the 2.4 GHz range I think, but it wasn't bluetooth.

I am back to (long extensions needed) usb keyboard and mouse and there is still just a wee bit of lag on the mouse, but no where near as bad as the wireless.

I am very interested to hear about bluetooth logitech stuff. Do you need a dongle or will it pair directly with the ps3?

How is lag?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BirddMann View Post
    i have the logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard. i am playing UT3 on PS3 and it runs great.
    which model do you have?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have the logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard. i am playing UT3 on PS3 and it runs great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you mean Bluetooth headset.. On the back of UT3 box, it does not state Headset Compatible. I cannot hear a peep over multiplayer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bluetooth internet is fine for mobile applications for lightweight work, but it won't work well for gaming in it's current state. I use it for convenience between my Nokia 6120 classic and Lenovo (bluetooth enabled) T61P. It's sluggish but works well for business applications.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tested it with the Logitech PS3 branded keyboard/trackpad combo. I also tested it with some random bluetooth mouse a long time ago. AFAIK, there's no reason any bluetooth keyboard and mouse shouldn't work...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bluetooth internet! Haha, such a laughably ridiculous idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
    id becareful about using alot of bluetooth if your wireless internet is also bluetooth.
    No one in their right mind uses internet over bluetooth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    id becareful about using alot of bluetooth if your wireless internet is also bluetooth.
    id say keyboard, mouse, and headset would be too much

Leave a comment:

• started a topic PS3: Bluetooth Mouse + Keyboard info plz

PS3: Bluetooth Mouse + Keyboard info plz

I've posted this question elsewhere, but I'm getting nothing but silence in return.

I want to know what bluetooth hardware will allow keyboard + mouse + headset control on the PS3. I'm certain that Epic playtested using *something*. I'd like to know what that is before I go out and buy some hardware on the off chance that it will work. I'm not interested in draping snares of USB cording across my living room.
Working...
X