PS3: Bluetooth Mouse + Keyboard info plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    telezombie/javajake: Can one of you post a link to the hardware you're talking about?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Javajake, I did that whole thing with the "not using the usb dongle that comes with the rocketfish combo". In fact that's how I tried it at first. I tried about 20 frustrating times multiple ways with different results. Every time I couldn't get the keyboard to work at all in game and sometimes the mouse would work or it wouldn't. Both the mouse and keyboard would work on the ps3 menu selection screen. I think maybe I got a different version of the rocketfish combo and that may be what is going wrong here. It was on sale black friday for 39$. Right now I'm using a corded deal till I can figure out what I want to do next. I returned the rocketfish combo after that whole 2 hours of my life wasted ordeal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know it's not a bluetooth keyboard/mouse, but it works great and very responsive (& cheap on top of that). I got a micro innovations keyboard and laser mouse from Walmart for $30 bucks. Played for several hours with it and it works great! (Uses USB dongle).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by A11eyKat View Post
    My blue tooth Rocket fish does not work with UT3, and not having mod support out of the box is a downer as well. Hey if EA can treat people like this why not Epic?
    GOOD NEWS ON THE ROCKETFISH COMBO - It will work... The secret is to NOT USE THE USB-Dongle that comes with it... Go to the setup blu-tooth devices menu in the PS3, turn on ONLY the KEYBOARD, scan and register.... Now turn on the Mouse, and register it also through the setup menus.... Load UT3, and it both keyboard and mouse will work flawlessly, even in the menus....

It's AWESOME.... It's like playing a PC game on your TV....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Androly: That setup looks pretty nice, especially the price. Could you post some details about how you get it set up? Bluetooth partnership and such?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by doofstructor View Post
    i didnt have bluetooth, but i did have the logitech mx3200....and it was laggy as hell. Same RF (releative) frequency as it operated in the 2.4 GHz range I think, but it wasn't bluetooth.

I am back to (long extensions needed) usb keyboard and mouse and there is still just a wee bit of lag on the mouse, but no where near as bad as the wireless.

I am very interested to hear about bluetooth logitech stuff. Do you need a dongle or will it pair directly with the ps3?

How is lag?
    I got this Dell Combo and it works like a charm!
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=310-7990

Oh, and you don't even need to plug in the USB dongle, it recognizes it right away

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using USB KB off PC, it's an older Dell, but works great. I'm also using the MX Revolution mouse, it needs some sensitivty adjustment and it uses bluetooth USB dongle, but it works too. I haven't tried to pair it with the Bluetooth in the unit, but it's easier to plug in the dongle at this point. I'll try later.

I want KB mapping! Also, another complaint is it seems they mapped the left/right arrows to "look" in place of "strafe", WTF? You have to use the old WASD pattern, btw.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My blue tooth Rocket fish does not work with UT3, and not having mod support out of the box is a downer as well. Hey if EA can treat people like this why not Epic?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    don't know if this will help anyone. see my above post:

anyway i just unplugged the keyboard and then plugged the mouse in and it worked. so try unplugging everything from all USB ports and plugging in mouse first. game was running when i did it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    picked up the game yesterday. played last night using a mouse and keyboard no problem. i get home today and my keyboard works but the mouse is not working in UT3 all of a sudden. it is an optical, i joined games that allowed k/b and mouse (i checked it by using the keyboard), the optical mouse is lighting up.

i quit the game and tried the mouse with the ps3 menu and it worked fine. but it will not work in game

any ideas? thanx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phranctoast View Post
    which model do you have?
    Ok sorry about the delayed answer but i bought this m\k off ebay and i works GREAT on the PS3 and UT3

http://item.express.ebay.com/NEW-Log...mdZExpressItem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by telezombie View Post
    I had the same issue. I was working with a bluetooth rocketfish combo (keyboard/mouse) and only was able to get the mouse to work but not the keyboard. I tried multiple times to get them both to work with no success. I re-registered my bluetooth devices like 5 times, restarted the game, turned off my ps3 a couple times. Each time I got varied results so it was hard to figure out. Some of the times the keyboard and mouse would both work on the ps3 startup screen and then they wouldn't work in game at all and weren't even an option at the control setup screen. Oh well, lucky I work for BB and picked up 2 6ft usb extension cables for my pc keyboard/mouse for 2$ after I returned the stupid rocketfish combo.
    I have the same problem and the same keyboard and mouse that you do.

I tried different usb ports for the BT dongle and that didnt work either. I still cant get the mouse to work at all though in the game. Thek+m work in the xmb, but thats it!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sb3 & telezombie: Ouch. I think your experiences echo my purpose for beginning this thread. We need offical feedback on how to get these things working. The laughable single paragraph in the game manual was the equivalent of, "Oh yeah, you can use mouse and keyboard, but not in the menus, just in-game. Here's how you get it working...(cliffhanger)".

Maybe I should start emailing Epic directly?

*Edit*: Just found his email and sent him the question along with a link to this thread. Cross your fingers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had the same issue. I was working with a bluetooth rocketfish combo (keyboard/mouse) and only was able to get the mouse to work but not the keyboard. I tried multiple times to get them both to work with no success. I re-registered my bluetooth devices like 5 times, restarted the game, turned off my ps3 a couple times. Each time I got varied results so it was hard to figure out. Some of the times the keyboard and mouse would both work on the ps3 startup screen and then they wouldn't work in game at all and weren't even an option at the control setup screen. Oh well, lucky I work for BB and picked up 2 6ft usb extension cables for my pc keyboard/mouse for 2$ after I returned the stupid rocketfish combo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I just got the game with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse set yesterday and am eager to play, so sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you go about getting the keyboard and mouse to work?

When I start up the PS3 i register my mouse and keyboard, and I can navigate the menus using both, and the buttons work, but then when I start up UT3 it needs to have the controller plugged in, and then the mouse doesn't work in the menus and the keyboard is completely dead. I played one round and the mouse look was working, but my keyboard wasn't. Is there a proper way to set them up?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X