PS3: Bluetooth Mouse + Keyboard info plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3: Bluetooth Mouse + Keyboard info plz

I've posted this question elsewhere, but I'm getting nothing but silence in return.

I want to know what bluetooth hardware will allow keyboard + mouse + headset control on the PS3. I'm certain that Epic playtested using *something*. I'd like to know what that is before I go out and buy some hardware on the off chance that it will work. I'm not interested in draping snares of USB cording across my living room.

id becareful about using alot of bluetooth if your wireless internet is also bluetooth.
    id say keyboard, mouse, and headset would be too much

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
      id becareful about using alot of bluetooth if your wireless internet is also bluetooth.
      No one in their right mind uses internet over bluetooth.

Comment

Bluetooth internet! Haha, such a laughably ridiculous idea.

Comment

I tested it with the Logitech PS3 branded keyboard/trackpad combo. I also tested it with some random bluetooth mouse a long time ago. AFAIK, there's no reason any bluetooth keyboard and mouse shouldn't work...

Comment

Bluetooth internet is fine for mobile applications for lightweight work, but it won't work well for gaming in it's current state. I use it for convenience between my Nokia 6120 classic and Lenovo (bluetooth enabled) T61P. It's sluggish but works well for business applications.

Comment

If you mean Bluetooth headset.. On the back of UT3 box, it does not state Headset Compatible. I cannot hear a peep over multiplayer

Comment

i have the logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard. i am playing UT3 on PS3 and it runs great.

Comment

Originally posted by BirddMann View Post
                  i have the logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard. i am playing UT3 on PS3 and it runs great.
                  which model do you have?

Comment

i didnt have bluetooth, but i did have the logitech mx3200....and it was laggy as hell. Same RF (releative) frequency as it operated in the 2.4 GHz range I think, but it wasn't bluetooth.

I am back to (long extensions needed) usb keyboard and mouse and there is still just a wee bit of lag on the mouse, but no where near as bad as the wireless.

I am very interested to hear about bluetooth logitech stuff. Do you need a dongle or will it pair directly with the ps3?

How is lag?

Comment

headfog: Bluetooth isn't laggy, so don't worry. The sixaxis controller is bluetooth.

rbjones: I hope the rumors I'm hearing of no headset support are untrue. The idea of playing a team-based FPS over the net with no headset when competing products use it so well makes me cringe at the $60 i just dropped.

birddman: I'll second the request to know which ones you're using?

doofstructor: I had the same issues with RF mice on my PC. The report rate maxes out at 60hz, which is horrible. USB is 120hz. I believe bluetooth is the same or better than USB. All bluetooth devices should partner directly with the ps3 system, just as the sixaxis controllers do, but I've not tried it yet because I've heard no offical word yet. *cough* *cough*!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWrecka View Post
                        Bluetooth internet! Haha, such a laughably ridiculous idea.
                        WTH? there's bluetooth internet everywhere, and it's fantastic.

As for it interfering with internet, which i believe is what he meant to say, most wireless internet has bluetooth collaboration.

I'm running things fine on a cheap wireless m/kb combo from microsoft (40 bucks cdn before our dollar skyrocketed)

Comment

Hi, I just got the game with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse set yesterday and am eager to play, so sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you go about getting the keyboard and mouse to work?

When I start up the PS3 i register my mouse and keyboard, and I can navigate the menus using both, and the buttons work, but then when I start up UT3 it needs to have the controller plugged in, and then the mouse doesn't work in the menus and the keyboard is completely dead. I played one round and the mouse look was working, but my keyboard wasn't. Is there a proper way to set them up?

Comment

I had the same issue. I was working with a bluetooth rocketfish combo (keyboard/mouse) and only was able to get the mouse to work but not the keyboard. I tried multiple times to get them both to work with no success. I re-registered my bluetooth devices like 5 times, restarted the game, turned off my ps3 a couple times. Each time I got varied results so it was hard to figure out. Some of the times the keyboard and mouse would both work on the ps3 startup screen and then they wouldn't work in game at all and weren't even an option at the control setup screen. Oh well, lucky I work for BB and picked up 2 6ft usb extension cables for my pc keyboard/mouse for 2$ after I returned the stupid rocketfish combo.

Comment

sb3 & telezombie: Ouch. I think your experiences echo my purpose for beginning this thread. We need offical feedback on how to get these things working. The laughable single paragraph in the game manual was the equivalent of, "Oh yeah, you can use mouse and keyboard, but not in the menus, just in-game. Here's how you get it working...(cliffhanger)".

Maybe I should start emailing Epic directly?

*Edit*: Just found his email and sent him the question along with a link to this thread. Cross your fingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X