PC- high server ping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC- high server ping?

I don't think its just me because I have a solid connection and never have this problem with any other game, but it seems like in UT3 there are almost never any servers with less than 100 ping, with the majority being 200+. Between the high server pings and complete lack of a playerbase, its frustratingly hard to find a good game. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, I don't live in podunk Iowa or Europe, I live on the Westcoast, so I'd think there would be some nearby servers...

I usually ping 20-30 on Texas servers. Now its an average of about 60 ping. It's definitely not just you.

Comment

My ping is the same, but I've seen reports on routing issues in the US currently.

http://www.internetpulse.net/ is a good thing to watch for people in the US, your internet has a habit of bogging down. 4 yellows atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Scudder View Post
        I don't think its just me because I have a solid connection and never have this problem with any other game, but it seems like in UT3 there are almost never any servers with less than 100 ping, with the majority being 200+. Between the high server pings and complete lack of a playerbase, its frustratingly hard to find a good game. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, I don't live in podunk Iowa or Europe, I live on the Westcoast, so I'd think there would be some nearby servers...
        Texas Servers 100+

And I live in Texas..

Lowest ping i've seen in this game at all is 94. Patch didn't do anything.

Comment

Yeah, I'm lucky if I can find a populated server (there's not many) that pings below 150. I don't know if it's reporting wrong or it's an artifact of the problems with the dedicated server package. It's probably the later.

Hopped on 2k4 last night and found several populated servers (not the ones filled with bots) and most pinged between 60 and 150.

Comment

on my server list

(europe) i see 4 servers with 16 ping (midway) rest is 31-50 then goes to like 200-400

my pc ping is normally 10-20

Comment

the whole "ping" thing is a joke.

the menu shows me a ping of 68 to a certain server.

using the F6 command and a scoreboard i saw somewhere,
              get online in the game and i'm actually getting a ping much lower, say in the 15 - 25 range.

and here on the east coast i'm still only seeing about 15 or 16 VCtf servers, most with menu "pings" higher than 100...

more work is needed!! :-)
              CD

Comment

Working...
              X