New Beta Nvidia Drivers :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Beta Nvidia Drivers :)

Nvidia just released their new beta drivers Hopefully this will fix the freezing issue.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/betad...spx?lang=en-us

"recommended for the newest DX 9 ,DX 10, and OpenGL applications"

Nevermind Just checked the release notes open issues with these drivers and it says Gateway map freezes in UT 3.

Originally posted by airborne5par7an View Post
    Nevermind Just checked the release notes open issues with these drivers and it says Gateway map freezes in UT 3.
    But that is great news. Acknowledging the problem as an open issue is the first step towards getting it fixed. Nvidia will now actively work on finding a solution.

Comment

yay for progress! ^.^

Comment

Odd, I read the release notes and found nothing about Gateway freezing or UT3 at all. I just found UT2k4. I must be blind or looking at something else.

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
          yay for progress! ^.^
          I second that motion!

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_Jason View Post
            I second that motion!
            And I second that notion!

Comment

Originally posted by Ethyn View Post
              Odd, I read the release notes and found nothing about Gateway freezing or UT3 at all. I just found UT2k4. I must be blind or looking at something else.
              It's in the Vista release notes
              I haven't had any issues with freezing in XP (32-bit).

Comment

I haven't had any issues with freezing in 64-bit Vista, before or after.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  I haven't had any issues with freezing in 64-bit Vista, before or after.
                  I know this is not relevant to UT 3 but...this driver does wonders for Crysis :P. I am sure it also boosts UT 3 fps too since it gives better performance to DX 9, 10, and openGL games.

Comment

Constant beta test with nvidia and new games, they recommend these drivers for newer games but dont recommend using beta drivers

Comment

they recommned beta drivers for beta games like ut3 though lulz

Comment

arent these new tho ?

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_169.21_uk.html

Comment

C18 Sirus: both are 169.21, of course both are new, no need to ask.

Comment

I recommend that anyone using EVGA cards stick with the EVGA drivers.
                            EVGA seems to be "ahead" of the beta releases from NVidia.

If you were to look up the 8800GT card here:
                            http://www.evga.com//support/drivers/Default.asp

You will find that their supported driver version is already 169.21

Comment

Originally posted by headfog View Post
                              I recommend that anyone using EVGA cards stick with the EVGA drivers.
                              EVGA seems to be "ahead" of the beta releases from NVidia.

If you were to look up the 8800GT card here:
                              http://www.evga.com//support/drivers/Default.asp

You will find that their supported driver version is already 169.21
                              It says the release date was today, so I imagine they're just the beta nVidia drivers that were released today as well. That and the WHQL signed drivers are the 163.xx series and beta are 169.xx.

Comment

Working...
                              X