This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi guys. We're aware that some of our customers wanted splitscreen for the PS3 version of UT3.

We hear you and will evaluate the feature for possible future updates to UT3.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark Rein
    I don't have that issue at hand but I'll take your word for it that this is accurate and I'll say I'm sorry that this feature didn't make it into the game. I personally wasn't aware we had ever planned to do it and we certainly hadn't talked it up as a feature of UT3 on PS3.

Mark, thank you for at least responding. However, you realize you just can't end it like that? This community, your fans and clients, are unsatisfied with a feature that was in every other title except this one. Mark, I am enjoying UT3 very much. I actually would have maybe used split-screen play once a week. No split-screen does not really bother my playing of the game, but it bothers many others. And word will get out about this, and those in the future who thought about purchasing the game may very well decide not to. What does affect me, however, is that I like to think video game companies are just as professional, if not more professional, as any other companies out there, and that they like to have every customer a satisfied customer, as well as take care of their customers. Look at Insomniac. They are still keeping their Resistance fans happy, even after Ratchet and Clank Future came out. Motorstorm is STILL getting great new content. Folklore just got new stuff, and Warhawk will get such an awesome bundle at the end of this month, I'd almost just consider it another game. No split-screen doesn't hurt me. Your care for my trust in your company hurts me. And that's worst thing you could do to a customer than not adding a feature to a game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The fact that there is no split screen for the ps3 is ridiculous. Luckily I have not opened the game and can still return it. Online is great, but playing with buddies in the same room beats it every time. Playing split screen with buddies have been the best of times I have had playing video games. The fact that an almost purely multi-player game couldn't get split screen into it is a real let down.
    And anyone who says we shouldn't complain about this stuff because the rest of the game is superb are wrong. This game is $60. Its not exactly cheap. For this money I want every part of the game to be superb. Otherwise, its not worth its price tag.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i am sure there will be official patches and map packs coming soon. i mean, you can't have a UT game without the classic maps. maybe the patch will incorporate the split-screen feature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just registered to voice out on this issue also. I had this game pre-ordered for a long time now, everywhere I went online, I heard at least 2player co-op and was hella excited. This was the biggest disappointment. I guess this christmas its Rock band, Warhawk, and CoD4 for our party games....

And All those saying that "Split Screen" isn't needed on consoles, you obviously don't have a lot of friends or don't have a **** good enough PC to run UT3. Try to have 8 friends haul over 8 PC's so you can chill together and play, Then try to find 8 places to set up 8 PC's!

And don't say, well just play online....Some of us are more social than others.

Every **** console FPS I've ever played had at least 2 player split screen, even if it was 1v1! Guess its back to WarHawk for us, even though the maps are getting old, its good to have 2 PS3's with 8 friends then on top of that, also get online with all 8 of them....

I'll stay hopefull and keep my copy untill one day before the return date is over, GameStop has that whole christmas return policy going. If there is any way of getting splitscreen, I hope Epic will look into it....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got it for my ps3 yesterday and I abosolutly love it. I would like split screen though so I can play with my friends and GF. Can't wait for mods to start coming to the ps3 too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All the talk about resolutions, and textures don't make a good argument for not having splitscreen seeing as how 360 has splitscreen with gears of war. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well perhaps today is the day we finally get an official response as to what they plan on doing regarding this issue. Or if they even plan on doing anything. Either way I'd like to think they are beginning to understand just how problematic the lack of this feature is to people. The majority of people who bought it for PS3 fully expected to be able to play split screen with friends in the same room. Please don't let us down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    where are the classics such as Face and Orbital? if Epic filled up an entire blu-ray with the content that is presented here...the XBox 360 version will have a total of 7 maps, or full content on 4 DVDs. how are they going to do it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Split please. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BBNJ23 View Post
    Yea I would like to return mine too.

Based on the initial response from Mark, it sounds like nothing is in the works to patch this. Even though Jeff Morris said "Were not sure what the actual break out of split screens gonna be on the consoles , it will certainly be two, so maybe like 2 and 2 I think will work." and in the same interview he said "less then 50% go online" . Hmmmm....so either Epic is ignorant to their own market research and comments, or they rushed the game and deceived the customer. I'm gonna go with rushed the product and deceived the customer.

I'll be enjoying Haze by the time Epic gets their sh*t together. Epic just lost thousands of customers if they don't rectify this situation ASAP.

...oh yea, where's the "really kick *** single player" mode at? Guess that was just more BS from Morris.

Epic,

We are awaiting your response........Please set the record straight!

I hate to do this, but IF Epic confirms that there will be no patch in the near future. I will post a simple tutorial on returning OPENED games.

I really feel like Epic deceived the gaming community. Shame on them. But dont worry everyone, you CAN return your game, even if its open.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Although I was happy to see that Mr. Mark Rein actually gave us fans a response, it was definitely not the response I was expecting.

One way or another, people are assuming there is split-screen in the game and I think these people feel that Epic should at least take some responsibility in this issue. A statement about if the feature was ever planned, if a patch will be released, and if the Xbox version will have this feature; these answers will help your customers make a smarter choice in picking up the game or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree that there should be a patch to enable splitscreen!

I agree I feel that Unreal Tournament 3 should of had a split screen co-op and it should of supported up to 4 players offline. All the great classic FPS games had the splitscreen feature. I dont know why they would not have it in this game. I truly hope that a patch does get released to enable splitscreen. If not I'll just wait for the release of Haze cause that game sounds like its gonna be similar to one of the great classic FPS shooters multiplayer wise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i bought this planning to play with my friend. i'm positive i saw/read videos/interviews saying this would have split-screening. i'm really disappointed that the promise wasn't delivered on. i mean, if it was never mentioned - fine, but it was, and that's what pressed me to buy it..

anyways, hopefully epic listens and delivers in a patch or whatev. here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm pretty optimistic we will get a patch for this. Why? Here are a few reasons:

1. GoW had split screen, so we know the engine supports it.
    2. Epic listens to their community. Just look at the changelog for patch 1.1.
    3. Look how huge this thread has gotten in a very short time. Just from the activity alone you can tell splitscreen is a must-have feature for the PS3 version.

I have three copies of this game. I received ut3 as a gift, then went and bought the special edition for the unreal-ed videos. Now my girlfriend went and bought it for PS3 so we could play together. You know how well that worked out. We simply can't play together. The PC game won't play with the PS3 game online and the PS3 version has no splitscreen. We ended up playing rockband all night instead :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X