X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaluro View Post

Quote:
    Could you guys stop whining just for one second? I've been around these forums for over 2 months now and guess what: Most people are trying their very BEST to keep whining about stuff, they will start looking for the most minor bugs/missing features, no matter how great the game is, how good it looks or how well it plays -- people will always start whining about that ONE thing that doesn't happen to be there.

Why can't you guys say "Thanks for this epic, X was great, Y was great but i was a little bit disappointed at Z" for once, rather than just syaing "<insert cursing here> why couldnt you <insert more cursing> implement Z"?
    havent complained at all here....a games no good meh.. ill grab another one ...but no split screen in ut? kinda big deal here...im jus sayin ha
    Originally posted by mikehc69 View Post
    Oh and Kaluro...this isn't just random nitpicking. 99% of the time I don't even post on message boards regarding video games, let alone complaining about or critiquing them. No game is perfect and I understand that. But this is the one feature that gets to me and I just feel compelled to let Epic know how I feel. From what I can tell they are a developer who listens to their community. Now more than ever I hope that is true...
    ahh jus saw you post this mikehc69..not gangin up on ya kaluro... promise:

Comment

Splitscreen has been a console standard since Goldeneye for a reason. Not to mention this game is supposed to be the multiplayer game.

Comment

Multiplayer is generally online these days, or LAN.

Comment

I'm just having trouble understanding that with all the advancements made in video game technology over the years...why is 2 player split screen against bots that difficult to implement?

Maybe there are issues that I am unaware of. I hope for some official responses soon. I honestly feel cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
            Multiplayer is generally online these days, or LAN.

Most have online, yes. But they almost always have splitscreen to go along with it.

Comment

I have read preview articles that said there is going to be split screen co-op. I think this is the main reason people are expecting this feature, other reasons are Gears of War for the console had it, many console shooters are including it, and split screen co-op is just a wonderful feature; playing with friends on a big screen TV is amazing.

If possible, I really want an honest answer from Epic about the feature. Was it planned for the console version but it was cut out so that it can be release before the holidays (btw, I was very happy when I found out I can play UT3 on PS3 this year), or were all the preview articles I read misinforming the consumer? And if it was cut, can a patch be release to include it? I know that Epic supports their games for a long time, so hopefully a patch is on the way. Thanks in advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by dragoon1021 View Post
                I have read preview articles that said there is going to be split screen co-op. I think this is the main reason people are expecting this feature, other reasons are Gears of War for the console had it, many console shooters are including it, and split screen co-op is just a wonderful feature; playing with friends on a big screen TV is amazing.

If possible, I really want an honest answer from Epic about the feature. Was it planned for the console version but it was cut out so that it can be release before the holidays (btw, I was very happy when I found out I can play UT3 on PS3 this year), or were all the preview articles I read misinforming the consumer? And if it was cut, can a patch be release to include it? I know that Epic supports their games for a long time, so hopefully a patch is on the way. Thanks in advanced.
                I also could have SWORN I read an interview with Mark Rein a month back or so where he confirmed 2 player split screen. Am I losing my mind? Did something change during the development process? And if so can we expect a patch in the future?

Comment

See the reason for all these complaints are because there really isn't a big incentive to own it on the PS3 as of right now. You can hook up your computer easily to a big screen tv and that'll nullify any positives the PS3 has over the PC.

PC gets a 20% faster game, a larger online community and keyboard/mouse (yes it's also available on the ps3 I know). So most of us ps3 owners got it thinking we'll be able to have some sort of split-screen fun with a friend.

If that's not available on the PS3 then what's the point of owning it on it when you can have a better experience on the PC?

Comment

Then why bother making it for the PS3?

Comment

I agree! 2 player split screen for the campaign mode was the reason I wanted this game... as confirmed in the earlier interview with Epic.

It's NOT complaining or whining to find out that a feature you expect is NOT in the box. It's not complaining or whining to ask the devs what IS in the box. It should be standard on websites that they have a comprehensive FAQ about the game or outline more information about the game than the weapons and characters. It's ridiculous. We're educated consumers and simply want to know what we are buying - why is it so difficult for them to give us this information??

People are entitled to whine when their expectations are not met. If the devs had any balls, they'd clearly outline whether the game has online voice (or not), splitscreen or co-op play... at least then when people buy the game, they aren't disappointed that expectations weren't met when the realities were laid out.

As it stands, we're ENTITLED to whine when BASIC things like voice communication are missing, or when the previously confirmed splitscreen mode is dropped.

Myself... if the rumours turn out to be true (and the dev doesn't respond), I'll talk with my wallet by not buying the game... or I'll talk with my internet connection, and make sure everyone else knows what the game DOESN'T contain! If the devs can't tell us... I guess it's up to other gamers to say what's in the game and what isn't.

Comment

Regardless of the reasons for it being dropped/not included...the overall negative reaction to the lack of this feature is pretty astounding. Split screen play was literally the major selling point of this game for me.

If its a feature that needs more work then tell us! I can easily wait a few weeks as long as I know that its being worked on and will be coming. But if split screen play is NOT possible, then I would like to know ASAP so I can return my game. This is not meant to be a knock on the developers' hard work, I just have no desire of owning yet another "1 player only" FPS game.

Comment

here's hoping

I agree with everyone on this issue, I think the game is great high speed fun, but I would just love to be able to play with 3 of my friends in the room against a boat-load of bots, that would be the end all of multiplayer madness for me. so far there hasn't been a game made yet that really could take advantage of bots AND split screen.

Maybe we'll be lucky and Epic will be able to implement something (I know it hasn't been done before as a patch, but I'm hoping)

Comment

For the guys that don't believe split screen is important. You have your opinion, and I respect that. I just want you guys to try to imagine something. Say you guys were huge sports games fans. Would you buy the next madden, nba live, or any other sports games if you can't play the guy on player 2? This is kinda what we're going through right now.

And to Epic. I'm so glad you guys listen to comments so much. I just would like to point out that people that are on computers all the time and giving all the feedback are the ones saying that split screen isn't important to them, and their opinions are valid. I just want to express that the gamers like me, which I'm sure that there are a lot of them, aren't the ones usually posting on forums. I usually don't, I just was looking forward to it a lot and decided to chime in. Thanks for ut3 though. Even if you guys don't add it, I'll probably get over it and end up buying it. I wouldn't want to miss out on the rest of the game.

Comment

Maybe the devs. at Epic are all on vacation already. I have been reading various forums (this one, playstation blog, etc.) lately with people asking for confirmation for various features, but no one was replying to them. I don't blame them for taking their vacation already since they just finished an 'Epic' game. But of course, now that the game is actually release, people who purchased the game is complaining for the lack of features they assumed (and they are assuming based on information off the net and the lack of information on the official website) the game has. I really hope someone can reply to our questions soon.

Comment

When I heard the news that this game was going to make it out before Christmas, I was ecstatic. But if getting it out early was the cause for the exclusion of this feature, then I would have rather waited until next year for it.

I really hope Epic steps up and resolves this one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X