This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KanoBlade View Post
    So much for the ultimate multiplayer experience, i can play with a guy across the country but i can't even play with someone in my own living room, what a failure
    That just about sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
      I don't have that issue at hand but I'll take your word for it that this is accurate and I'll say I'm sorry that this feature didn't make it into the game. I personally wasn't aware we had ever planned to do it and we certainly hadn't talked it up as a feature of UT3 on PS3.
      thanks for answering mark there is also a gamespot video where jeff moris says there will be atleast 2 player split screen here is the link.
      http://www.gamespot.com/video/928371...t-3-stage-demo

didn't see someone already said this sorry

Comment

Originally posted by KanoBlade View Post
        So much for the ultimate multiplayer experience, i can play with a guy across the country but i can't even play with someone in my own living room, what a failure
        This is an ABSOLUTE FAILURE if i ever saw one. Man this game could have been so cool. Looks like Epic just dropped the ball on this one. Probalby a rush to get it out for Christmas. Shame shame.

Comment

So with the limited and obviously contradicting information available I'm going to go about assuming the 360 version will have splitscreen.

If it does then that'd be quite the slap in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratbacto View Post
            So with the limited and obviously contradicting information available I'm going to go about assuming the 360 version will have splitscreen.

OMG I didn't even think about that. That would truely suck. I would hate for the PS3 owner to just have been beta testers for the 360 version. But now that you saw that, I am sure it will have it. If it does I would never ever buy another game from Epic again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratbacto View Post

Wow, if that happens it would be quite sad... (and I would hope there would be a patch) But hey they gave Gears split screen on the 360, who's to say UT3 wont get the same treatment

Comment

Anyone have a guide to "how to wrap ps3 game so it can be returnable" lol

Comment

GIVE US SPLIT SCREEN!!! This is so frustrating the more I think about it. Seriously did Epic really miscalculate how important split screen is to people?

We've now given you two separate occasions where split screen was "confirmed". Don't just tell us "sorry, our bad". That won't cut it. Not when the majority of PS3 buyers were looking forward to the feature. Please find a way to rectify this. You are one of the most highly reputable developers around. Don't let this be a black eye on what is otherwise a great game for a great system.

Comment

i also agree i dont plan on buying ut3 unless a patch is released to support split screen, i have been waiting for this game for a long time (since it was first announced) and got a ps3 for this game and cod4 because it would cost to much to upgrade my comp, and not having split screen would just kill the game for me.

Comment

I'm with mike. The more and more I think about it the sadder and more frustrated I get. It really feels that with this move Epic has told us the consumers that 1) they are not a company of their word and 2) they value us very little. If they did value us they would have either stood by their word or would have at least told us ahead of time that this feature would be lacking. That way we could decide if we wanted to buy the game.

I now seems that said it woul be there, but then for some reason decided to pull it and then feared they would loose sale because of it and just decided not to anouces it as to not hurt their bottom line. Shame on you Epic, for shame.

Comment

yea just made this account after reading through this thread and posting about my own disappointment on Gamefaqs.com earlier (was linked to this thread from there). i really expected splitscreen cuz i was tired of passing the controller with other games like cod4. didnt realize that there wasnt any till i picked up my preordered copy and saw the 1 player only on the back as i was pulling the plastic off. as for mark rein's reply on page 15 about not being able to remember the article, i just have to say that is really lame, many of the people looking foward to your game can recall such comments from various sources and all that you can say is you dont remember... this was my first shot with ut since the ps2 version, and that had splitscreen. i hope epic realizes why people expected this, hopefully they dont screw us by giving xbox 360 splitscreen b/c i dont own one of those.

Comment

I was disappointed to see that there was no split-screen as well, tried to have a match with the girlfriend... no deal there...

Comment

I’m hearing this doesn’t have splitscreen???

What the hell man…

The original UT on ps2 had 4 player splitscreen…And I had a blast with my friends… This not having splitscreen makes me not want to buy the game anymore….

Epic how could you do this?????
                            A patch better come...cuz I'm not buying UT at all til splitscreen does come...

If you have to re-release the game...go ahead...
                            Because lots of people I hear are returning their copies...

Splitscreen is mandatory for UT especially when UT on PS2 has it....

This is very sad...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                              I don't have that issue at hand but I'll take your word for it that this is accurate and I'll say I'm sorry that this feature didn't make it into the game. I personally wasn't aware we had ever planned to do it and we certainly hadn't talked it up as a feature of UT3 on PS3.
                              Mark you very well knew about Splitscreen on PS3...
                              Just address it...this sucks horribly...

Comment

Yeah, i got home with the game and my roomate and i sat around for ten minutes trying to get splitscreen running, It breaks my heart that playstation games so rarely allow you to get to systems and two tv's and have eight guys throwing down four on four CTF while knocking back a couple and casually hanging out in their free time. I'm not gonna say it doesn't detract what is an otherwise stellar game, and you have to ask how come so many game developers fall short in this area, especially in FPS where such play was what made Halo or Graw so popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X