This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch to enable split-screen offline?

I want to know if this is even feasible (let alone likely) before I throw in the towel and return my copy.

If split-screen is something that will most likely NEVER be added, I'd like to know for sure so I can justify returning this. Thanks in advance for any honest answers.

It can't run at 1080p so I'm guessing split screen would play like a slide show.

Comment

Since when does the resolution effect the ability to play split screen? COD4 goes up to 1080p and they have 2-4 player split screen on both PS3 and 360.

This was something that should have been included from Day 1.

Comment

I would like to know this before I buy. I reserved it, but would rather now get it for PC. I have wasted a few weeks eagerly waiting for ps3 so that I could play with my family at home, offline. I appreciate all that epic does for fans and bringing out quality games. However, I am let down that with the ps3 version I'd be playing by myself in a room either with bots or online with people who can get so arrogant and forget that it's actually about having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by yehhey311 View Post
          I would like to know this before I buy. I reserved it, but would rather now get it for PC. I have wasted a few weeks eagerly waiting for ps3 so that I could play with my family at home, offline. I appreciate all that epic does for fans and bringing out quality games. However, I am let down that with the ps3 version I'd be playing by myself in a room either with bots or online with people who can get so arrogant and forget that it's actually about having fun.
          Agreed. I've had my fill of playing online in other games. All I wanted to do was destroy bots with a friend on split screen.

With all the technology in the gaming community today is this really that far fetched?

Comment

If you're going to put UT on a console, you really need the things included with it that make consoles great. Split screen (offline or online) is definitely one of those things.

Comment

It's probably a system RAM issue on the PS3. You'd have to have textures/materials from different areas of the map loaded.

Comment

I would even accept 4 on 4 matches on smaller maps with split screen. Even reducing texture quality some. I know there are many more people out there that would rather have great quality non-split screen so it looks great. They can get real good, win every match, and post how many kills they always get online. For me, I'd rather look my bro in the eye next to me, beat his team in CTF, and then go out somewhere for drinks, etc. I guess I'm more of a casual gamer.

Comment

Could you guys stop whining just for one second? I've been around these forums for over 2 months now and guess what: Most people are trying their very BEST to keep whining about stuff, they will start looking for the most minor bugs/missing features, no matter how great the game is, how good it looks or how well it plays -- people will always start whining about that ONE thing that doesn't happen to be there.

Why can't you guys say "Thanks for this epic, X was great, Y was great but i was a little bit disappointed at Z" for once, rather than just syaing "<insert cursing here> why couldnt you <insert more cursing> implement Z"?

10characters

Comment

Until I hear official confirmation from Mark Rein or someone else from Epic, I am trying to stay optimistic regarding a patch. Hopefully they simply underestimated how important a feature it is for people.

I want SO BADLY to love this game. The little I've tried of it so far looks fantastic. However just knowing that I won't be able to play split-screen with a friend later tonight is keeping me from embracing it. This is an absolute MUST HAVE feature for a console game such as this.

Comment

Honestly I had TONS of fun playing Gears with a friend of mine on his xbox and we were planning on doing the same for UT3.

We were both sure that we had read offline splitscreen would be enabled for the PS3 and that was one of the main reasons of me purchasing UT3. One of the reasons why I didn't appreciate CoD4 was the lack of coop (campaign) and it's just weird how the only decent games that have coop as of now are Resistance and Warhawk.

I hope coop becomes a staple for FPS's soon enough cause there really isn't a point to own games on a console if they're available on the PC.

Comment

If you want things if life, you need to act "grown up" so you can have "grown up" conversations and be respectful to whom you're speaking to no matter what the answer is in the end.

Comment

Split screen co-op was one of the reasons I wanted this game, and one of the reason that Gears of War was so great. It would be amazing if split screen can be at least included for the campaign mode. I like to know if a patch is possible as well, this will definitely make my decision to buy it or not easier (I really, really want to buy it cause it looks so good).

Comment

No one here has cursed. I do appreciate all the things epic has done. Frankly, I think UT3 looks and plays great. I have played the PC demo and enjoyed it. This is a legit concern for us in this thread, and it was one of, if not the largest, reason we were excited about ps3 version. Without split screen, the ps3 version simply is just the PC version given a controller and slowed down. Nothing really more.

Otherwise, we do like ut3, or at least I do. I am considering buying the PC version. We were just really excited about split screen, and are now disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by yehhey311 View Post
                              I would even accept 4 on 4 matches on smaller maps with split screen. Even reducing texture quality some. I know there are many more people out there that would rather have great quality non-split screen so it looks great. They can get real good, win every match, and post how many kills they always get online. For me, I'd rather look my bro in the eye next to me, beat his team in CTF, and then go out somewhere for drinks, etc. I guess I'm more of a casual gamer.
                              Couldn't have said it better myself. This is the kind of game that appeals to all audiences of gamers. Split screen in Gears of War was more of a selling point than most people think. Every single person I know who got that game plays it with a friend on split screen. I honestly believe that split screen play could make this THE PS3 game to own this winter, purely on word of mouth.

Oh and Kaluro...this isn't just random nitpicking. 99% of the time I don't even post on message boards regarding video games, let alone complaining about or critiquing them. No game is perfect and I understand that. But this is the one feature that gets to me and I just feel compelled to let Epic know how I feel. From what I can tell they are a developer who listens to their community. Now more than ever I hope that is true...

Comment

Working...
                              X