Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get it on PS3 yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone get it on PS3 yet?

    Just curious if anyone's grabbed it for PS3 yet. What do you think so far? How's the interface? Gamespeed? Etc.

    #2
    Yes I just got it and have played through Mission one only so far ... controls work fine .. interface is pretty much identical to the PC demo (haven't bought the pc version)
    There is no sign of the Editor though ... I thought it was going to be included .. anyone know if its available to PS3 users that have bought the game ??

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by fm6ct View Post
      Yes I just got it and have played through Mission one only so far ... controls work fine .. interface is pretty much identical to the PC demo (haven't bought the pc version)
      There is no sign of the Editor though ... I thought it was going to be included .. anyone know if its available to PS3 users that have bought the game ??
      Nah, no editor for PS3ers.

      Comment


        #4
        Hmm ... thats not good ... you would think they would give us a download of it ... the PS3 can use them but we cant make them ... whats up with that

        Comment


          #5
          I really can't see someone use an editor with a gamepad, and on 2GB of ram the editor can slow down horribly, 512MB I don't want to imagine.

          Comment


            #6
            The editor would be unuseable with a gamepad. In some other Epic titles like Pariah they did a console friendly interface for some cookie cutter level editing (like Forge in HALO3).

            If you look at the product specs that level and mod design tools are listed as coming with the "PC Version only"

            Comment


              #7
              Wasnt thinking of using the editor on my PS3 ... but was expecting access to the PC version to make levels etc.... there is supposedly a "Save for PS3" option in the editor UI ...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by fm6ct View Post
                Wasnt thinking of using the editor on my PS3 ... but was expecting access to the PC version to make levels etc.... there is supposedly a "Save for PS3" option in the editor UI ...
                Well, the problem is, you could theoretically get ahold of the editor, but it's 100% useless without all the resources that come with it. You'd basically have to download the whole PC game along with it to get any use out of the thing. I'm not seeing them putting up 7 gigs worth of content.

                Comment


                  #9
                  not good

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                    Well, the problem is, you could theoretically get ahold of the editor, but it's 100% useless without all the resources that come with it. You'd basically have to download the whole PC game along with it to get any use out of the thing. I'm not seeing them putting up 7 gigs worth of content.
                    Ahh ok ... well my son is getting it for christmas for the PC ... so that will work ...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ScuzzBuster: unreal editor is nothing like forge, forge is a watered down piece of **** you can't edit the map at all, only what's in it. You couldn't use UTE in that format. And don't you dare claim Epic did Pariah.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by fm6ct View Post
                        Ahh ok ... well my son is getting it for christmas for the PC ... so that will work ...
                        Yeah totally. You can install the game on multiple PCs at the same time anyway...so if you have one and he has one, you can do your editing and he can do his playing.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                          ScuzzBuster: unreal editor is nothing like forge, forge is a watered down piece of **** you can't edit the map at all, only what's in it. You couldn't use UTE in that format.
                          True that. Forge is just about as far from UED as you could possibly get.

                          Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                          ScuzzBuster:And don't you dare claim Epic did Pariah.
                          HAHA +1 to that :-P

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X