Automatic Map Downloading missing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Map Downloading missing???

Well, it's kinda important that UT3 can download custom maps automaticly. Problem is, that it doesn't. All the servers that has custom maps in them are useless to me, since I go back to the main-menu every time a custommap is voted. What stupid employee at Epic didn't figure this out?

I heard the patch should fix it. But guess what? It doesn't. Is there a solution to download the custommaps automaticly? Because if it it impossible, no wonder most servers doesn't have any custom-maps...

While I wouldn't exactly call it optimal, is reconnecting so hard that it ruins your ability to play on those servers?

Comment

What happens when you reconnect? Does the custom maps download automatically?

Comment

Reconnecting fixes this problem. Thing is, people don't know this or are simply frustrated over this fact having to reconnect. Every time a custom maps wins the vote a server is practically empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
          While I wouldn't exactly call it optimal, is reconnecting so hard that it ruins your ability to play on those servers?
          Well it does take away your oportunity to be competitive. Found this out last night myself. By the time I reconnected and got back in, the match was almost over.

So Mysterial, will there be a fix for this in future patches?

Thanks,

Làámßø

Comment

Originally posted by LNYC999 View Post
            What happens when you reconnect? Does the custom maps download automatically?
            YES, dl fine after u reconnect.

Comment

I will be gettibg the PS3 version today. I guess that 1.1 patch won't be released anytime soon for the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Làámßø View Post
                Well it does take away your oportunity to be competitive. Found this out last night myself. By the time I reconnected and got back in, the match was almost over.

So Mysterial, will there be a fix for this in future patches?

Thanks,

Làámßø
                I think that in most cases the download time will prevent you from being competitive in that match regardless of how the download gets started.

However, to answer your question, I'm investigating possible fixes for a future patch.

Comment

you could always download the map seperately and install it. This way you would never have to wait for it to download. I am betting that if you have a 60 plus meg map and 20 or so people all have to download at the same time, the redirect would get rather slow.

Comment

Yeah, those IG'ers don't mess around...hehe

BTW....UT3/EPIC Rocks!

Thanks for the game....Keep up the great work.

Làámßø

Comment

Yeah, this should absolutely be fixed asap. I'm one of those type people where if the game just boots me back to the main menu when it tries to download a custom map, I'm more likely to just quit the game out of frustration than to go back and FIND that server again and reconnect. The menu system is just too slow and the server browser is too crummy for me to feel like it's worth my time to go through the whole "find a server" process again. Even a simple FAVORITES (duh) system would help, but we don't even have THAT.

Comment

Also, maybe try to compress it so the downloadsize won't be like 30MB for each map. When I RAR my custom maps they get like 50% in size..
                        In 2004 it never was a problem to download a map though. I guess it used compression as well.

Also, I didn't know reconnecting was neccesary, and I think alot of other people don't know that as well. IU hope you guys fix it in the next patch

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                          Yeah, this should absolutely be fixed asap. I'm one of those type people where if the game just boots me back to the main menu when it tries to download a custom map, I'm more likely to just quit the game out of frustration than to go back and FIND that server again and reconnect. The menu system is just too slow and the server browser is too crummy for me to feel like it's worth my time to go through the whole "find a server" process again. Even a simple FAVORITES (duh) system would help, but we don't even have THAT.
                          Well, you have favorites and you have history. So going back isn't realy a problem.. But I know what you mean, because I quit the game as well

Comment

Working...
                          X