Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malcolm in the opponents section of the site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post
    Malcom: Who's house is this ?
    Kermit: My house
    Malcom: No it's MINE MIIIIIIIIIINE MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE !!!
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

God **** the taunts are BAD in this game.

Comment

Is it me or his "Whose House ? My House ?" feels like he has a character from the muppet show speaking behind him and replying "My House" ... ?
      Sounds more like some bad attempt at rapping, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
        They probably put him on the site so that we could all shut up with the "zOMG wehres Maclom??!1" threads, letting us indirectly know he will be coming soon in a bonus pack, along with that new map, among other things.
        Precisely. Because showcasing missing stuff is guaranteed to shut people up.

Comment

haha, yeah this thread is a nice example of it, currently at page 4 after discovering the malcolm edition on the US website

Comment

Still one page actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
              Precisely. Because showcasing missing stuff is guaranteed to shut people up.
              People were constantly making new threads asking about Malcolm, Facing Worlds, Xan, etc...

It' not to stop people from talking about the "missing" content, it's to stop them from constantly badgering the forums and making slurs at EPIC for "forgetting" to put in the staple UT maps/characters.

It has been said, officially, by EPIC, that Facing Worlds would come out in a bonus pack. And how many threads have nonetheless come up with people saying "wtF??/ nO faceing wrolds??? ePIC u gotta!!"

EPIC clearly did not put in Malcolm as a playable character in the out-of-the-box game for a reason. He's still in the game, though. He's in the story, he's in the cinematics, hell, the whole plot basically revolves around him.

Clearly, they knew people would want to play as Malcolm. Do you think they're sadists? "Let's screw with those consumers of ours, who payed for our product, by showing them this cool character whom they've come to love for nearly the past decade, but not let them play as him ever." That sounds like real clever marketing.

What they did is called a teaser. They showed us Malcolm, we know he's there, we know we can't use him yet. He's right in front of our noses - "he was rendered in the cinematics; his model must be -somewhere- in the files!"

Now they put up the page about him; part 2 of the teaser. Now we know he's coming. We just don't know when. Will it be a Christmas miracle? A New Year's bonus pack? A Valentine's Day brutha-ly love-fest?

They're building up anticipation. Or trying to, at least, since it seems so many people have lost faith. I haven't.

Comment

i lost faith the second i saw the UI in UT3.

Comment

They probably put him on the site so that we could all shut up with the "zOMG wehres Maclom??!1" threads, letting us indirectly know he will be coming soon in a bonus pack, along with that new map, among other things.

Geez.
                  I have Feeling that one of other things is continue for campaing

Comment

Anyway Malcolm cannot die since this game is supposed to be a prequel ...

Comment

...since it seems so many people have lost faith. I haven't.
                      Nah, faith has not been lost yet. We're all just dissapointed that this game feel's so unfinished compared to all the previous UT's and suprised since Epic has held such a high standard in the past.

Comment

Ow smack, I hadn't even realised that yet. Well, so much for Reaper's revenge then.

Comment

Maybe they wanted to put it into the Game, but then they decidet to keep them, like for an Bonus-Pack, or because they think the "whiny suckers in the General Chat" are not ready for Malcom, because everyone will run around with a Malcom-Model.

Or, the afraid that someone will complain about the angle he`s wearing his Barret.

Comment

Malcolm cannot die since this game is supposed to be a prequel ...
                            Does anyone ever truly die in this franchise? One hidden respawner is all it takes to bring someone back into the story. If that fails... Reaper was put back together the old fashioned way. If that fails... there's always necrification.

Comment

Prequel to what? Malcolm is older than in any of the previous UT titles. I'd say this is the end of the line for DeeJay Who's house? Myyyy house.

Comment

yep malcolm is older in UT3 then the other titles
                                in UTC for XboX he was 54 or something so he still looks good for his age

Comment

Working...
                                X