Patch 1.1 on PS3 version too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch 1.1 on PS3 version too?

Will the patch appear on the PS3 version too? Or are these problems and bugs related to the PC version only?

Well some of them aren't really problems, mmore tweak and adding in functionality.

I guess the PS3 version will be the same and the retail PC version at least initially...

Comment

The PS3 version will have pre-defined settings which can't be changed like they can in the PC version therefore more of the changes in this patch won't apply to the PS3 version.

Comment

ps3 supports patches..so..when epic decide to release one..it is going to be out...but of course the pc pathes wont work on ps3!

Comment

I hope it comes out for ps3 as well. PS3 gamers need some love as well

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomWarrior View Post
            I hope it comes out for ps3 as well. PS3 gamers need some love as well
            I don't see why a patch would not be made for the ps3 version as well, it will just have to be programed for the ps3.

Comment

The PS3 will be on a different patch schedual, and get different patches. This is pretty much why ps3 wont play with pc version.

Also they have said that patches for the ps3 need to go through a lengthy testing process, so they will be fewer and farther inbetween pc.

Comment

Yes PS3 patches need to go through sony and get certified first, so even if Epic wanted to release the 1.1 patch for PS3 it would most likely take a few months.

Comment

Well the PS3 most likely won't need most of the changes that have taken place for the PC patch. If there any patches released for the PS3, it would be for gameplay issues and not so much for the tweaks that have been implemented for the PC.

Comment

Considering the PC retail version, is just the PS3 version, I don't see why you'd want any of the 1.1 changes, as they simply add features to the PC version that should have been there from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmd View Post
                      The PS3 will be on a different patch schedual, and get different patches. This is pretty much why ps3 wont play with pc version.
                      This is false, different patch versions can easily play with each other, unless it changes something major, which hasn't happened so far. 1.1 and 1.0 play fine together.

Comment

Most of the 1.1 patches are PC specific i think. I'm sure there will be PS3 patches along the way but I wouldn't expect them to follow the same timeline or have the same fixes.

I fear for this new multi-platform way of life and what it's doing and will do to epic... How do you juggle so many things at the same time and NOT abandon and/or ruin the experience of one of the platforms? IMHO, they should have worked on UT3 for PC and got it DONE, then spent two months fixing PC issues, then spent four to six months getting it finished on PS3, then moved on to 360...

The PC version has suffered in a huge way from their development scheme...

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          This is false, different patch versions can easily play with each other, unless it changes something major, which hasn't happened so far. 1.1 and 1.0 play fine together.
                          Well Epic stated that as the primary reason why there won't be cross platform play out of the box.

Comment

Working...
                          X