Bigger DM Maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger DM Maps?

Do you guys think the DM maps are kind of small. Seems like about 3 or 4 is what these maps where designed for. I would like to see maps about 2 or 3 times as big.

And is anybody else getting poor performance by the portal on DM-Deck. Man it really gets jerky when I'm by that thing. Like my PC just got kicked in the nuts or something.

The FPS drop on Deck is because all the stuff that gets rendered in that corner - the liquid, the emmiters, tons of effects....

With world detail on 1, there's not so much FPS drop

Comment

they tend to get small when playing with more then 12 people, tho i think bigger maps will be available soon, if epic doesn't create a bonus pack i bet some mappers will make some nice new maps.

as for DM-DECK i do not have any issues at the portal, tho i do think that the portals in UT99 looked way better and more portal like then the padle shaped picture sticking out of the ground.

Comment

^bring back the UT99 portals with a vague image in them? +1 that vote

Comment

Hello Forum,

I really like little maps for Deathmatch to get more action and adrenaline.

Comment

The portal in Deck is to much like the portals in Prey, or even to much like PORTAL's portals. lol

Comment

I realise that UT3's gameplay is less hitscan dependent than 2k4, but still most maps are incredibly small, even with low player counts the best technique to win is spamming Rox into the narrow corridors. >_<

That spammy and restricted map design actually made me stop playing UT3 (T)DM, I'll stick with WAR and 2k4 TAM. Just my opinion, if other people love the maps like that -> fine for me, but don't force me to play it.

Comment

The worst is when you're on a 16 player DM server and people vote Fearless or Rising Sun on.. it's like pure spam.

I think the maps are decent size but the servers are normally larger than the recommended player counts for the some of the maps.

Comment

i like the frantic pace of the small maps, i especially like sentinel and defiance because of the different areas they offer. I think more open maps would be good, but then you'd go back to back-and-forth hitscan yawnfest.

Frantic corridor action is tasty, i just don't like when maps are so small that you can run around with a charged hammer and get lucky hitting some poor schmuck running around a corner all game long.....where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by PATSCRU View Post
                    Frantic corridor action is tasty, i just don't like when maps are so small that you can run around with a charged hammer and get lucky hitting some poor schmuck running around a corner all game long.....where's the fun in that?
                    Idd, that's exactly what happens on Biohazard with more than 5 or 6 players already. :/ I won a DM match on this map (by far even, score-wise) just by hammering everything that came round corners.. not very satisfying tbh.

Comment

me too I want more bigger DM map

UT2004 have many nice looking big DM maps ..
                      till bigger DM map coming
                      I change all WAR & VCTF map to DM and playing ...

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I like the tight, corridor, claustrophobic type maps. But I want those maps a lot bigger where your not bumping into each other every second but more maybe every 5 seconds.

Same kind of maps just bigger. More corridor so you can play lots of people but your not standing on top of each other like a can of sardines.

I wonder if a map double in size of the standard maps would perform badly on most computers and thats why they restricted the sizes of the maps.

I mean if you put in 8 players or more on these maps it seems like your literally spawning in front of each other. I was getting blasted by the flak cannon on Deck and I was wondering how this was happening then I realize it was a spawn point. I just thought they where hiding really good but that wasn't the case they where just spawning right next to me grabbing the flak cannon and blasting me in the back. So now I play with about 4 players total on these maps which is fun and all but it sure would be nice to get some good sized maps so you can have 8 to 12 players and not be spawning on top of each other.

Comment

^lol thats funny...the dude on the bottom of the sardine pile will be dead soon lol...but yeh as you said, i think the larger maps could decrease performance on mid-low end PCs

Comment

Working...
                          X