No announcement yet.

Patch 2 -- what should be included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I found it. Open up your "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini" file and find the section
    [UTGame.UTPlayerController] which has the line (near the bottom of that section):
    bCenteredWeaponFire=False <- change it to True, so it *actually* fires at your crosshair.

~Jubis

Comment

Originally posted by Dannydeman View Post
      Well, I tried it in battle, it seems the aiming isn't right somehow. Like other weapons, the ammo goes like 10-20CM to the right of the crosshair? I noticed this with alot of weapons too, try to aim on a small spot with the alt-fire of the flakcannon. Or the shockrifle! Or maybe the enforcer gets less accurate when the range gets higher?

Also, I know how to aim, believe me, I played ALOT of instagib in 2k3 and 2k4 and my fph was like 450 with a record of 1280+
      I dont care about your FPH. In 2k4 Instagib.

Your telling me the weapon is weak, when it's not.

Comment

Dannydeman, enforcer is always 100% accurate on the first shot.
        If u leave a little time between each shot, every shot will be 100% accurate.

Comment

bCenteredWeaponFire=False

If I set that to true, it just works right?

Why the hell isn't this on by default omg.. thats so stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by CreepyD View Post
            Dannydeman, enforcer is always 100% accurate on the first shot.
            If u leave a little time between each shot, every shot will be 100% accurate.
            When someone is in front with you with a rocketlauncher, you can't do **** about it with this Enforcer (which still looks like a FisherPrice kid weapon). If it had grenades it would be much better for a first weapon, just to give you a chance against the big guns...

Comment

Originally posted by ViperGrendal View Post
              - a finished game?
              That's my #1 vote right there along with a better main UI, a UT2K4 style server browser. And do better Q&A next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannydeman View Post
                bCenteredWeaponFire=False

If I set that to true, it just works right?

Why the hell isn't this on by default omg.. thats so stupid!
                Because by default the projectiles are fired from the gun, located in the corner of the screen, and the crosshair is always at the center of the screen.
                It can't hit center unless what you aim at is an infinite distance away from you.

EDIT: Explained more here.

Comment

This:
                  Originally posted by DaWrecka View Post
                  • Webadmin
                  • Fix secondary flak arc. I know Epic made it arc upwards deliberately, but when you have to aim LOWER than your target to score a hit, when the projectile you're firing is subject to gravity, something is broken.
                  and this:
                  Originally posted by Somnambulist View Post
                  More UT2004 characters, less Gears of War ones, atm, it seems like the character designer/s like watching Mr&Mrs Universe & think phwooooa, he's/she's sexy :P we don't all get the horn watching musclemen/women, some more leaner characters pleeeeeeease!

I'm not promoting anorexia, but in light of the plodding beefcake characters UT3 has introduced, gimme someone I WANT to play as!

it's a chunkfest at the mo, a chunkfest of chars who have no individual personality, all look the same and have the intelligence of a half eaten Pot Noodle.
                  Also, I would like EPIC to fix the install issue with the My Documents folder. When the My Documents folder isn't in its default location the proper .ini-files aren't generated results in the inability to save settings. Of course this is an issue that cannot be fixed with a patch because you install the game before you install the patch. Still, this needs to be fixed as this has been a widely reported issue since the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by RVonE View Post
                    Also, I would like EPIC to fix the install issue with the My Documents folder. When the My Documents folder isn't in its default location the proper .ini-files aren't generated results in the inability to save settings. Of course this is an issue that cannot be fixed with a patch because you install the game before you install the patch. Still, this needs to be fixed as this has been a widely reported issue since the beta.
                    Bull****.

I've got my documents folder mapped to a folder on my D: drive and it's all worked perfectly since day one.

And the "Unreal Tournament 3" folder in your My Games folder is (re-)created by the game itself when it's missing, so even if what you said were true it of course could be fixed with a patch.

np: Dominik Eulberg - Der Traum Vom Fliegen (Bionik)

Comment

Got some more,,

-Fix buddy list (mine doesn't let anyone in, are there more ppl with this problem?)
                      -New hoverboard skins
                      -It's sometimes hard to handle a scavenger when rolling at full speed.. maybe adjust the way u move or something
                      -Found this one out when I was goofing around: If u summon a Viper in DM-Deimos (or another map, idunno) he lost his textures and is completely WHITE :P don't think that's supposed to happen really..

This is what I mean : CLICK HERE TO LAUGH
                      (console: summon utgamecontent.utvehicle_viper_content)

-Make the explosion allot bigger when u drop a satellite from the SPMA, the explosion from utk4 was better

-The manta often takes strange poses when u hit water from a high distance, don't think that's supposed to happen

Comment

I just installed the patch v1.1 last nite and tried it out. I still noticed some of the same bugs the game had before. The rocket bug that auto-switches weapon when your loading up your last 3 rockets is still there. Players customized skin changes to the yellow armor dude while in online game... Anyone else still noticing this? These were described to be fixed on this patch. These should be definitly be fixed for the next patch.

will post more bugs when I find em. I do like how levels load faster online now.

Comment

- Make the UI have more customization all round.

- Tone down the link gun primary fire and make secondary useful again.

- Make flak fire slightly quicker, currently feels to heavy.

- Slight tone down the bots on skilled, theres a big difference between Average and skilled.

- Stop bots from running directly at you, it's like they lock onto you or something.

- Remove glowing arrows.

- Make menu background nicer and take the blur off.

- Performance Improvements.

- Unbind Bloom and DOF effects so you can have them on separately.

- Make character customization better and without the terrible lag.

- Slow down the Manta and fire rate.

- Make the goliath turret slower, it can pretty much track a fast moving person to easy.

Comment

A Face Map...........

Comment

Honestly, the flak is just like UT99 back to being a spam fest, at least in UT2004 you need skill to direct it at your enemy. Deck is yet again a flak fest in the corridors.

Comment

Originally posted by WrATH View Post
                                Deck is yet again a flak fest in the corridors.
                                Learn to use the Flak too then...

Comment

Working...
                                X