• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch 2 -- what should be included?

Here are my hopes for Patch 2:

Webadmin for servers

Allow Linux servers

Complete overhaul for User Interface to make it either UT99 UWindows or UT 2004. Problem right now is that it's slow and clunky and it's hard to go to the menus when you're in game, and who wants to load a Main Menu, anyway?

Upgrade server browser to have all of the features of UT 2004 and UT99's browser combined.

Fix inability to throw weapons in weapons stay games.

Remove translocator limit.

Fix flickering problems for nVidia 8800 series cards.

-------------

Do that...and sales will increase...and player counts will increase...and I'll be able to convince my UT99 friends to take the game seriously.

* Add favourites from Server, not just from the History

* Save Filter Function, rather than reset

* Flashing UI when health or ammo is low

* Block a specific users chat ingame

* Kick/vote (abusive) player from Map

* Community Chat channel like 2k4 so folks can join up in groups before a match etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
      Complete overhaul for User Interface
      I'm sure everyone would love that, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Something tells me we just have to accept our hosing here.

Off the top of my head, I would like:

Bot customization (stats, looks, names, team setup).

Mutator and game options for instant action to be SAVED so we don't have to set everything up each time we want to play.

Configurable mutators.

Vehicle zoom.

Comment

More stats available at the end of the match.

Comment

code/map performance optimization for cpu bound areas of UT3

Comment

Bot customization (stats, looks, names, team setup)

Mutator and game options for instant action to be SAVED so we don't have to set everything up each time we want to play.
            I vote for those as well, would be nice

Comment

Please fix the freezing/stuttering issues, i'm dying here. I installed 1.1, and the freezes are still happening. I also agree with code/map optimization. I love the game, epic, let's make it perfect!

Comment

I haven't seen anything about this in the listed Patch 1 fixes, so I don't know if it has been resolved or not but ...

-Redirects

Comment

Patch 1.1 just comes out and allready there is a list for patch 2... i trust they will sort everything out eventually so here is what i want for next patch

Xan
                  Malcolm

... I'll settle for just xan though, and xan should also be impossible to unlock, except for me... just because

Comment

arena mutator: changing all those weapon replacement options by hand is a needless pain

Comment

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
                      code/map performance optimization for cpu bound areas of UT3
                      Cel knows where it's at

Comment

Well, Patch 1.1 is a band-aid.

Anyone who played UT99 or UT 2004 can tell that it's still a band-aid. Where's the command to make a new Favorite by typing in the IP address? Where's an easy "Open Location" button? What if you want to join a game server as a spectator (ala UT 2004)?

Also, we still don't have an option for being able to host the game on less-expensive Linux servers (see the discussion about this and a possible reason why you can't have a Linux server for now on the http://www.ProUnreal.com webpage).

One more request: Built-in IRC browser.

Comment

Now that player scale is fixed they stick out the top of Mantas. Gotta either make Mantas larger or make players smaller while in them.

Could really use a "Join Game" option after joining as spectator. And the ability to spectate individual players.

Something's gotta be done about the time and ping being hidden on large lists of players.

Comment

Everything in my sig would be fantastic.

Comment

• Team-colored death messages (console death messages)
                              • Separated death messages from chat messages, or chat messages stay on longer, or both
                              • Flak secondary trajectory
                              • A main menu that doesn't need to load
                              • Right-click shortcuts for server browser (add to favorites, copy IP, etc)
                              • A fixed row height for the scoreboard.. Don't give each team a different height for their list of players, so it's easier to see how many people are on each team

Patch 1.1 just comes out and allready there is a list for patch 2... i trust they will sort everything out eventually so here is what i want for next patch
                              It's a good patch, but more needs to be done. I think this was to fix some of the more serious problems very quickly. There are more, slightly less important things that need to be improved now.

Comment

Working...
                              X