This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch is mainly usefull for singleplay players GRRR

Disappointing that the freezes still are not fixed. Rocket seems fixed. We have a favorites list but its **** unhandy to add servers to favorites. You first have to join a server through serverlist and then go to history and then in history you can add a server to favorites, but it already was in history then so its useless.

We need to be able to join servers through the console when you play a clanwar! right now when you need to connect to a clanserver for a war its a nightmare. 1st you cant add the server to favorites to join easily, 2nd you can't just enter open ip in console because it then says you need to enter a password, and no password screen shows up! 3rd when you enter a server typing open ip?password=pass then most of the time it says connection failed! To join a server that way you 1st have to play public game using the serverlist, and still then it does not work 9 of 10 times. Absolutely horrible! Who gives a #### about single play bot AI and stuff, make sure the multiplayer clan players can play normally 1st before fixing stuff no one cares about. Who plays vs bots when you can play vs humans, doh!

true, seems they fixed a lot of stuff 99% of people don't give a **** about / didn't need fixing.. but they did fix the character scale issues somewhat, and some other useful stuff. so all in all not a bad first patch, but don't rest on your laurels epic.

Comment

It's totally beyond me why they've started to do stuff like this...
      The obvious implementation would be to supply an "Add to Favourites" button in the server list.
      That's what they've done in the past, how the hell that idea didn't pass i've no idea...

Instead someone must've suggested "No let's go one step further and make them join the serverlist and have them lock it in the history or something!"

Epic you must be starting to feel like you just can't win with this community... but you can, you just need to stop this crazy habit of going around things instead of using the obvious solution.

Thanks for the patch though, there is still a fair bit which needs addressing, including the lack of content.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
        Thanks for the patch though, there is still a fair bit which needs addressing, including the lack of content.
        I agree, we could use some more playable CTF maps.

Comment

You guys can just never be happy can you. The game has been out, what 3 weeks and they already release a 240mb patch to fix so many issues... compare that to any other game developer you know and its a miracle. They clearly care about their playerbase and probably know about these shortcomings already. Give them a break?

And whats this whole "who gives a **** about bot AI <insert non multiplayer element here>"? Looking at how many copies have been sold and how many players are actually playing online I can say that the larger player base never even bothered going online once and are fine with fragging bots.

Comment

the fact that freezing issues have not been fixed breaks my heart. It'd be great for epic to at least acknowledge the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora|XT View Post
              You guys can just never be happy can you. The game has been out, what 3 weeks and they already release a 240mb patch to fix so many issues... compare that to any other game developer you know and its a miracle. They clearly care about their playerbase and probably know about these shortcomings already. Give them a break?

And whats this whole "who gives a **** about bot AI <insert non multiplayer element here>"? Looking at how many copies have been sold and how many players are actually playing online I can say that the larger player base never even bothered going online once and are fine with fragging bots.
              You're absolutely right. Why bother playing UT3 online at all?

Comment

Why did the original poster post this same comment 3 times in 3 separate threads (that I've seen so far)? It wasn't worth reading the first time.

Comment

You guys can just never be happy can you. The game has been out, what 3 weeks and they already release a 240mb patch to fix so many issues... compare that to any other game developer you know and its a miracle.
                  No it's not. CoD 4 has had 3 patches so far and it didn't ship with nearly as many glaring problems. Any major title worth bothering about will try to fix major issue that slipped by beta testers as fast as it can, because a happy fan base is the key to the title's ultimate success. If you tick everyone of at the beginning, it might never take off.

Epic promised a fixed UI, and there are a number of things that need to be addressed, and people have been pointing them out since the beta patch in early October. It's been over two months. That's more than enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                    You're absolutely right. Why bother playing UT3 online at all?
                    Well, approximately half the UT fanbase, based on UT2k4 findings, never play online. That includes me. So it's ridiculous to only patch stuff for one segment and not the other. They have to focus on both equally.

Comment

Buying a Unreal Tournament game just to play it singleplayer is the dumbest thing i have ever heard
                      I hope next release will only be multiplayer so they actually focus on the gameplay itself and not the bots.

Comment

I think once you have tasted multiplay there is no turning back. Playing a human gives you so much more satisfaction then playing vs a bot.

Comment

Working...
                        X