No announcement yet.

The Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic would officially be too cool. Send them your design when you finish! Chances are they'll just tell you to release it as a mod though D:

Comment

Totally kickass design man...

Unlike other people I think the sleeker lines actually go well with the weapon, sort of like a grim paradox of the look compared to the horrific effects of the weapon

Keep it up!

Comment

I really like the "Black and Decker Saw" look of it. Not as "cockroach" themed as so many of the other in-game weapons. Still needs some spikes on it though

Comment

nice, i miss my little do it yourself head shot suicide kill weapon...

sketches look great tho is would go for a more dark medieval look since it is the most evil weapon ever to have been put in UT

Comment

I'm loving the third model

Comment

MHO: Lean it out a bit more and add some blood, like it can definitely hurt, being shot with it or wielding it.

Comment

YAY ripper

Comment

Wow, very cool! It seems so befitting. I like the one with the added arm on it
                  You could make the new ripper take the place of the lightning gun. Instead of "Headshot", you could be rewarded "Decapitation". lol that'd be cool.

Comment

I would be cool if for the secondary it loaded 3 blades and launched them RL style.

Comment

wow dude... Ill be downloading this when your done.. looks great!!! take your time.. do a good job of this clasic

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                        I would be cool if for the secondary it loaded 3 blades and launched them RL style.
                        I was just thinking more about the fire modes for it.
                        I think the the fire modes of the old ripper would be to dominant in ut3. So to counter that maybe make the primary a hitscan with ~2 second shot intervals but massive damage thus preserving the headshot reward, or a new decapitation reward . Have the alt-fire use slower moving blades, maybe a blade every ~1 second that does much less damage. Possibly even add multi fire modes, like the rocket launcher, hold alt-fire then tap primary to get the explosive blades. Only have ricochet with the first alt-fire mode, If your primary shot misses it should just stick in the wall or something. Ut3 just doesn't have the room to have blades bouncing all over.

sorry if I'm getting to carried away with your concept dfacto, I'ts just when I saw your sketches, I was intrigued. good luck with it anyhow.

Comment

maybe make the ripper as the model is now but with necris bits ( the arm is a necris tentacle) because the ut99 ripper seems like the necris invented it we need some necris weapon because at the moment they have their own vehicles but not weapons ( shock rifle looks necris-ish but not that obvious)

Comment

That looks really cool!
                            I was also disappointed about not having ripper, so i designed my own vision, some time ago. Here's WIP
                            (Sorry if this derails the thread.)

Edit:
                            Newer design, etc.
                            http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ermk2WIP02.jpg
                            http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ermk2WIP03.jpg
                            Simple idleanimation
                            http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...eanimation.gif

Comment

Working...
                            X