This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be part of the problem!

I have really been enjoying UT3. I think the game has great potential. I won't sugar coat it, it would have been nice if the game was more complete at initial release. There is a really good patch coming real soon from Epic that fixes and adds a lot to the game, and it has only been three weeks since it released. They have been working their butts off trying to make us happy.

The reason i'm posting is because I think that most people are fairly happy with the game, and sure they want to see more, and i'm sure that it is on its way. If you love the UT series as I do, ask yourself this question. Do you want to see a UT4? All of the incessant whining and bashing isn't going to help get this game to increase in popularity. If you never played UT before and came to these forums, would you buy the game? I know I would think twice.

There is no need for all of the negative slam & bash that has been going on since the beta demo came out. If you find a problem or want to see something return to the game bashing and flaming certainly isn't going to help you get what you want. It's only going to deter others who might love the game from even giving it a second glance, just because you couldn't be polite. As mom used to say "if you don't have anything nice to say keep your fat mouth shut". You can get your point across without being an ignorant jackass.

In the end if UT3 tanks those of you who tore it down will be as much if not more to blame as Midway or Epic. That's my two cents, take it or leave it.

Agreed .

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post

In the end if UT3 tanks those of you who tore it down will be as much if not more to blame as Midway or Epic.
      Don't be ridiculous.

Comment

as big as 99 became, and these guys have a game that is better than the original and could surpass it in most every way, it's gonna take support from epic for it to reach it's full potential. ie, patches (to get us up to a proper retail version) and answers to simple questions to the community so we dont lose faith in them... (and yes i do understand the politics of the business) we just have to wait for it.

i had and still have high hopes for this game. i think they did what they had to do to appease their backers, and they are trying hard to fix it, they just have alot on their plate right now and it may take some time to get everything ironed out. we're just gonna have to give it a little while (at least a couple months into next year) and see where this goes.

patience... it will come. (i hope :P)

and like the OP said, it's only been out three weeks...

Comment

Do we want to see a PC UT4? ....depends on the attitude to PC gamers at Epic; there has been a great deal of arrogance, taking PC people for granted. If the question is do I want to see another console port to PC, UT4 ,then the answer is, no thanks.

IMHO here is a very honest ,fair review of UT3:

h t t p://www.tomsgames.com/us/2007/11/27/ut3_review/

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
            Do we want to see a PC UT4? ....depends on the attitude to PC gamers at Epic; there has been a great deal of arrogance, taking PC people for granted. If the question is do I want to see another console port to PC, UT4 ,then the answer is, no thanks.

IMHO here is a very honest ,fair review of UT3:

h t t p://www.tomsgames.com/us/2007/11/27/ut3_review/
            It is arrogant to think that UT should be a PC only franchise. They are bringing the first real FPS to consoles. They are making a game that bridges 3 different platforms not to mention it will most likely be on more than one PC operating system. That is no small task. It came out on PC first, and it was playable. It didn't have all the bells and whistles, but you could get online and play it. If they didn't care about us folks on the PC you would have seen the PS3 version release first. And you certainly wouldn't have a big patch that fixes and adds a lot of things come out 3 weeks after the PC release. Patch 1.1 came out today!!!

Comment

To ignore the console market would be absolutely foolish for any computer making games. Sure it may come with some downsides for us but I totally understand Epic/Midway in this.

Comment

Working...
              X