The AI is... apalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AI is... apalling

For a game that has so much potential, I'm gutted to be critisizing yet another aspect. But there's so much wrong with the game it's unbelievable that it was playtested to a reasonable extent...

The AI whilst in places is quite good, is no way near acceptable because there are flaws which make it... unplayable.

On TDM, I tell my entire team to cover me. Good, they all come and group up so we're together.
    The problem?
    Apparantly "cover me" means stand and face me whilst the enemy shoots you in the back, I've seen it take a whole 30 seconds for one of them to realise he was being shot at, and finally turn around. This is not on a low skill setting either.

On Torlan with the leviathan, I suddenly started to wonder just where the hell my team actually was whilst I defended the center node. I went back to my base, only to find my team all in the leviathan, unable to drive the thing out of the front of the base.
    Fair enough, I considered it a one off and found it quite funny.
    But no, it happened at least 3 times or so every single f**king time I played the map. If it happens that often it can only conclude that you really, really didn't have time to properly play test the game.

Well I think we all knew that already, but it's unjust to realise a game to the public when there's so much flaws with it. I read in the beta patch notes there was something about improving the AI in WF, I hope this is related.

As an online player I wouldn't usually care about AI, but I'm sick of you giving me yet another aspect of the game to complain about.

Your spelling of appalling is appalling.

However I do agree on the bots they really are thick sometimes.

Comment

In the demo this happened on Suspense... (this was still on my old pc... upgraded just before the full version was released). Talking about weird AI :P

(I actually thought it was quite funny, especially when I tried to crush them with my Manta they all raced back to that same spot and started staring at the ground again :P)

Beside this funny accident, bots don't really seem to listen to commands, it's almost like commands you have given are reset whenever you are killed (talking about CTF now) when I issue an attack order, and die some time after that, the bots seem to go back to their old 'job' whatever that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
        Apparantly "cover me" means stand and face me whilst the enemy shoots you in the back,
        lol - good soldiers they are!

Comment

On Torlan with the leviathan, I suddenly started to wonder just where the hell my team actually was whilst I defended the center node. I went back to my base, only to find my team all in the leviathan, unable to drive the thing out of the front of the base.
          Improvements to Leviathan AI on Torlan was in the changelog for one of the beta versions of the upcoming patch.

Comment

For a game that has so much potential, I'm gutted to be critisizing yet another aspect. But there's so much wrong with the game it's unbelievable that it was playtested to a reasonable extent...
            Quoted for thruth !!
            It's sad though

Comment

Working...
            X