gears/unreal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gears/unreal?

has anyone played both of these yet? i herd that the killing are alot alike, what i mean is the blood etc? but i herd unreal is alot faster placed? is there going to be able to record your kills on line plays? thanks

Lots of blood in both, though I would have to say the deaths in Gears are about the most horrifying I've ever seen in any FPS.

Both games have online stat counters.

Gib away!

Comment

Ive played both. Remeber Killzone on PS2 (just a metaphore) It looked good and played good but you could tell they stretched the machine out to do it, thats Gears.

Killing in both games is waaaaaaay different. Gears = Hide then kill (melee action shooting) Cramped... not finished?!

Unreal Tournament 3 = Kill, Kill some more, die , go back to killing.
      Huge maps fast responces no lag no xheads no stretching the PS3
      to max.

Comment

Ive played both. Remeber Killzone on PS2 (just a metaphore) It looked good and played good but you could tell they stretched the machine out to do it, thats Gears.

Killing in both games is waaaaaaay different. Gears = Hide then kill (melee action shooting) Cramped... not finished?!
        Originally posted by SHOGUN_1 View Post
        Unreal Tournament 3 = Kill, Kill some more, die , go back to killing.
        Huge maps fast responces no lag no xheads no stretching the PS3
        to max.
        yeah man^^...Unreal tournament : faster, stronger, better.

Comment

One of the biggest differences by far is that the Unreal Tournament games are primarily online multiplayer games surrounded by online communities, including organized competitive communities. Also, the UT games have thousands of custom, user-made maps and mods.

If you've only played single player or low player count online multiplayer console games without custom maps, you're going to be in for a real treat with UT3. Of course, I recommend getting the game for PC if your computer can handle it since it will be easier to get involved with the online multiplayer community, which uses IRC and voice-over-IP voice comm programs like Teamspeak2 and Ventrilo.

Comment

Its becoming obvious the differences in Console vs PC gaming design. UT for the PC has been nothing but speed and action, console gaming seems to be more slowed down. Gears is going to be more a slow grind advance, UT is in your face. Looks like PS3 UT3 will be slowed down as well. Nevermind crossgaming, I don't think it will happen, till the consoles are more PC-ey. I still don't see me going console ways, I have no consoles. Some of the games I got are Console ports, and the game play shows its so obvious its a console design.

Comment

I think if you like gears gore wise you will appreciate unreal also..I mean there wouldn't be any gears of war if unreal tournament wasn't created probably.. Definitely get it for pc if you can run it or ps3 if your really into that.

Comment

sounds like there is just as much blood on gears as there is on unreal, i'm really excited for ps3 tomarrow... thanks

Comment

Gears is more gruesome by far, but they're both pretty gorey (ut3 does gibbing, which doesn't happen as much in gears if i remember correctly). They're both completely different games however, and the only thing they have in common is that they include guns. Gears doesn't have as skilled players online (ut players have 9 years of experience) which makes it easier to play online. UT is a first person shooter, with very mechanical controls where as Gears is a third person shooter with more predone moves (taking cover, pressing a button to look up, etc). I'd say go for UT3, as it's majorly awesome (dont get me wrong, gears is good too), and gears is always lagging online (pc might be better). Basically to make the last decision just go and play both.

Comment

Anyone else find the blood splashes in gears to look corney ? It's one of my few gripes in an otherwise great game. The graphics are realistic yet the blood splashes look like they are right out of a comic book. Just doesn't fit in and ruins the fight scenes to a degree. A small degree, but an unnecessary one. Wonder why they didn't do a better job with that. Looks like they are outlined in black lines and they're filled in with a single red color like a child's drawing in a coloring book. weird.

Comment

Gears was brutal when you died, especially a chainsaw death. I almost feel it too, psychologically.

UT is a joke compared to the deaths in GoW. You can get used to dying a lot in UT, but not in Gears because it hurts every time.

Comment

Yea the gore in Gears like I have stated b4 looks exactly like red biogoop.

Comment

Just played ut3 for ps3, and its majorly better than gears imo. ther very different games but ut3 just feels so much better

Comment

Working...
                          X