The ini file when "publishing a map"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ini file when "publishing a map"

I made a small box with textures on all four walls, a single light and player start. I than did the build all just for testing it. I hit the "publish" button. When asked "Yes, No, Cancel", I hit yes to save and publish. I then went to look for the map and found it, but not the INI file. Can anyone tell me exactly what I did wrong and why it's not showing up?

(It was an additive map, not subtractive btw)

I posted this here because it's more likely to be noticed than anywhere else..

Do you have a gametype prefix in your map name? ie. "DM-"

I know you need that before you can test it outside the editor.

Comment

yes I do. I named it DM-Notdone

Comment

A simple map like you described may not require an .ini file to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitch~Black View Post
          Yeah, I don't think this would require an ini, it's very simple, and doesn't have any custom content (ie: textures, sounds) so it wouldn't require any extra files to tell the game this.

Comment

I have noticed that when you publish a file it does not necessarily create an .ini file - I HAVE noticed after you have played the game once (NOT in the editor) that the .ini file is then created. I can verify this tonight - but after publishing about 15 test maps over the past 2 weeks I have found that to be the case. Once the .ini file is created then you can modify it, for example - to post a screenshot that can be viewed when you play the map (like in old UT2K4). I have tried that several times but I have not been able to get it to work - though still trying . . . lol. I hope this helps . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Pitch~Black View Post
              Guess you're right. I was able to load it in the game without a problem. Wish I would have tried to play it through the game rather than freaking out because I didn't see an INI file in the directory.

Comment

Working...
              X