No announcement yet.

Defence vs. Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say if it's in the map, use it! Don't like it? Don't play the map! It's like those who whine about the sniper campers in Face Classic.. laugh

Comment

Originally posted by UrFatMom View Post
      I say if it's in the map, use it! Don't like it? Don't play the map! It's like those who whine about the sniper campers in Face Classic.. laugh
      Heh. The other day someone complained that we kept using the deemer to take out their nodes in WAR-Downtown. As if the deemer was somehow available only to one team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
        Today someone on our team parked the Goliath on the enemy prime node in Downtown and did an admirable job of keeping it safe until the enemy core was destroyed. Someone didn't like this though, and insisted that such tactics should be considered camping, not defending.

What do you think? If a tactic works, is it automatically okay, or should some things be avoided because they are lame (ignoring map bug exploits and stuff like that)?
        I always hated it when people sit and guard a choke point while another goes for a cap. Especially when the choke point is the only way from on base to another.

Comment

I say , you want to camp? Then camp. You want to chase? Then chase , because what it really boils down to is do you have the skill to over come it. I love it when people call you a chaser , LMAO . At what point do you feel the threat is over? If you make it past me? The threat is NEVER OVER , watch your back. Last but not least , teamwork. Teamwork will over come campers and chasers . My final word , as long as you are not using a glitch in the map or hacking , I could care less what you do.

Comment

camping is for cs players...we are the players of the most speed up fragging game of all time, we don't need to camp, we need Ownage!

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_Jason View Post
              I always hated it when people sit and guard a choke point while another goes for a cap. Especially when the choke point is the only way from on base to another.
              If a choke point is the only way, then EXPECT it to be camped. If there is a choke point, the map was probably designed with the idea that it would be camped.
              And so there is probably a way to defeat it somewhere.

It doesn't means that the map is a good one, though. Anyone remembers ONS-Lunar-ECE in 2k4? (or was it lunarbase?)

Comment

I agree with Illfingaz. People who whine about camping in UT are just complaining that they are getting owned. What would you like me to do? Oh, you think I'm camping? Well, I'm sorry, here, go ahead and take my flag/cap my node/kill my team mates. The point is that if you can get a tank in a good spot and the enemy is too stupid to figure out how to kill it, tough ***** for them. To me, someone screaming "LAMER" or "CAMPER" is just mad because they suck too much to kill back.

Comment

Bad players whine & give up easily...... good players look for solutions and eventually find them. These conditions tend to reverberate throughout life.

If it's not an exploit it's a valid tactic. And the more tactics searched for, found, used and eventually countered the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                    There are nearly always counters to tactics. If there aren't, then it's unfair, and most likely design flaw. You can't blame opportunists for exploiting it.

Scrubs will complain about anything though. They just want the game changed to accommodate them, rather than adapt to it.

I totally agree with you man, I believe that if your complaining that people are camping or that the games is flawed, and other people are WINNING againts you then obviously you are doing something wrong, or you need to improve upon your Skills/Tactics.

Comment

Where's my cheeseburger?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                        Where's my cheeseburger?
                        LMAO , how you want it , rare , medium rare , or well done? Theres some cold ones in the cooler , help yourself.

Comment

I also have some whiners.....I mean......wieners (hotdogs) on the grill too. Haaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by Gruz View Post
                            To me, someone screaming "LAMER" or "CAMPER" is just mad because they suck too much to kill back.
                            yep. i never complain about campers because i always stand there and watch them jump to a certain spot, then ill go after them before they even turn around.
                            i always go with the "the best defense is a good offense" theory, and not just with FPS games but other types of games as well.

mmm cheezeburger

Comment

well if someone is camping and you figure out where he was from the last time he ganked you why not just go back and kill him once you re spawn? or is it one of those kind of campings where you find a tear in the wall where you can shoot through?

hmmmm cheeseburger i want one now **** you!

Comment

anti-camp mutator ^^

if someone in note,flag-area whit a vehicle like a quater range 20*20 feets a counter will start und after 5 sec no leaving the zone..bääm

some camping is nice but parking the tank on a flag is a bit lame

Comment

Working...
                                X