Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

general thoughts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    general thoughts...

    First of all the speed in ut3 is deadly fast. But i like it. Its really cool and you don't get a seconds breath almost. But one thing i don't like in ut3 is what they seem to have done to the health or damage output of the weapons, i don't know which, but either way you die enormously fast. Get in to one fight with another player and its over in 5 seconds and then you have to go collect health and armor before even thinking of entering another fight. Am i the only one who thinks all weapons should have equal decrease in damage output of say like 10-15%?

    #2
    I love the fact that weapons are actually dangerous again.

    In UT2, all the weapons felt weak. A rocket launcher is a friggin' rocket launcher. It should feel as powerful as it looks.

    Comment


      #3
      Yeah, I kinda like blowing someone away with a well placed shot or two...

      But...

      ...perhaps someone could create a mutator which halved the damage dealt for all the people who want to go toe-to-toe for more than a second?

      Comment


        #4
        ut's better thing is the speeeeeeeeeeed, cs is for slowers....

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
          I love the fact that weapons are actually dangerous again.

          In UT2, all the weapons felt weak. A rocket launcher is a friggin' rocket launcher. It should feel as powerful as it looks.
          Umm, the rocket launcher was more powerful in ut2k4.

          All the weapons were better in ut2k4 felt better*

          Comment


            #6
            i like that fact you can use grenades again, but i dont like how the rocket launcher looks almost the same as unreal championship 2 i hate the way both look, felt like i could aim better with other rocket.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by unreal300 View Post
              Umm, the rocket launcher was more powerful in ut2k4.

              All the weapons were better in ut2k4 felt better*
              Huh? No way.

              Maybe it had more splash damage, I don't know, but the rockets fly faster and do a hell of a lot more damage on direct impact in UT3.

              Comment


                #8
                Addendum:

                In UT3, a direct rocket hit does 100 damage.

                In UT2, a direct hit did 80-88 damage.

                Comment


                  #9
                  People wanted this which is why Epic made the weapons potent again. I applaud the decision.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by unreal300 View Post
                    Umm, the rocket launcher was more powerful in ut2k4.

                    All the weapons were better in ut2k4 felt better*

                    Not true.

                    Rocket launcher was way weaker in UT2004, but had a larger splash damage radius. UT3's rocket launcher is significantly more powerful, but has a smaller splash damage radius and increase functionality (grenades).

                    And all of the weapons feel better in UT3.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Nope, i could take out way more people with ut2k4 rocket, i freaking suck at ut3 rocket i hate the weapon modeling looks like UC2 rocket consolish ****, ut2k4's weapon model is way cooler.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        ut3 rocket launcher feels too big for the screen, i have trouble like leveling my rockets doing splash, because weapon takes up half screen i guess, i always mess up never launching my rockets right, unlike ut2k3.

                        ut2k4 pistol remodel was stupid the original 2k3 pistol felt better.

                        the unreal championship1# weapon model felt alright also and ut1999 rocketlauncher and so far unreal championship 2/ut3 rockets look very similar and i suck at them hate them.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by unreal300 View Post
                          ut3 rocket launcher feels too big for the screen, i have trouble like leveling my rockets doing splash, because weapon takes up half screen i guess, i always mess up never launching my rockets right, unlike ut2k3.

                          ut2k4 pistol remodel was stupid the original 2k3 pistol felt better.

                          the unreal championship1# weapon model felt alright also and ut1999 rocketlauncher and so far unreal championship 2/ut3 rockets look very similar and i suck at them hate them.
                          You should try disabling weapon models ^_^. I personally find the UT3 rockets a lot nicer to use than the UT200X counterparts. This has gone at the cost of the Flak though, which I found a lot easier to use in 2004. Kinda has something to do with the ridiculous arch though ._.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I dunno i like the way the rocket model feels on ut2k3/uc vs ut3/uc2.

                            i always shoot my rockets too short on ut3/uc2 weapon model sucks even though aim with crosshair i just use the weapon also i dont like playing without the weapons model though lol.

                            rockets felt faster on ut2k.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Of course the UT2004 weapons feel better to people that are used to that game. But there is nothing wrong with UT3 weapons, you just have to adapt to it.

                              unreal300 do you have "small weapons" enabled? That may help.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X