Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your PS3 UT3 Impressions!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Post your PS3 UT3 Impressions!

    This game will be out at shops in just a few hours.

    Please give us your impressions of the PS3 version of UT3.

    I'm really keen to get this game but I live in Australia and have to wait until February, which is a long time. I'm thinking of importing the game but don't know how it will go playing in servers from Australia.

    Anyway let us know what you think of the game.

    Of particular interest is what you think of:

    1. The Gameplay
    2. Game speed
    3. Quality of the servers

    #2
    I need a memory refreshment. Will the ps3 players be able to play with the pc players?

    Because if so I need to psychologically prepare myself to an influx of n00bs with inadequate control devices, which will make them worth 2.5 regular n00bs on the noobness scale.

    Comment


      #3
      I need a memory refreshment.
      a lobotomy would be more like it

      And no, PS3 and PC will not be playing together, so you don't have to worry about your inadequate skills, being shown up by someone with an inadequate control device. They will also probably be having a lot more fun with it, unlike a lot of us PC users, who just seem to ***** and moan all the time.

      And how much n00bier than another can one be in a game that has only been out for 2 weeks or so ?, you must have thousands of posts in your post count being such an old master, no?

      Comment


        #4
        Well I think that it's going to be great on PS3, particularly IF they set up some global severs like in Resistance.

        As mentioned above, I live in Australia and love having a blast in Resistance, playing against people from USA and UK and other countries. I even played against some guys in Japan. It was wicked fun.

        It's especially cool to hear all the different accents of people from different parts of the world trying to play as a team etc.

        I hope Epic does the right thing with regards to setting up global servers. There was no lag in Resistance. (or I've rarely encountered it)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by [UHH]incubus View Post
          a lobotomy would be more like it
          I don't think that word means what you think it means.

          And no, PS3 and PC will not be playing together, so you don't have to worry about your inadequate skills, being shown up by someone with an inadequate control device. They will also probably be having a lot more fun with it, unlike a lot of us PC users, who just seem to ***** and moan all the time.
          Don't feed the trolls.

          And how much n00bier than another can one be in a game that has only been out for 2 weeks or so ?
          That's the question I end up asking myself a lot of times ingame whenever I see my team's orb going on a sightseeing tour.

          you must have thousands of posts in your post count being such an old master, no?
          Post count is hardly a measure of anything. For a variety of reasons.

          Comment


            #6
            Well I think that it's going to be great on PS3
            Yes, well I would be quite interested to hear how it goes myself, I might even get myself a PS3 in the new year, I am looking forward to the new wipeout game, I haven't missed a wipeout yet, so I don't want to miss this one.


            Don't feed the trolls
            indeed

            Comment


              #7
              My reserved copy for the PS3 won't be in Gamestop till tommorrow the 11th....but, it's going to be great fun on the PS3. I have it for the PC aswell and it's good fun.

              I think this title is really going to take the PS3 by storm in a few months. I just hope Epic applies all of the fixes that the PC is getting to the PS3 aswell.

              Any options that the PC GUI has should be in the in the PS3 GUI aswell....including the ability to lower the graphics details if wanted. Don't want any framerate issues at all on this title.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mental View Post
                My reserved copy for the PS3 won't be in Gamestop till tommorrow the 11th....but, it's going to be great fun on the PS3. I have it for the PC aswell and it's good fun.

                I think this title is really going to take the PS3 by storm in a few months. I just hope Epic applies all of the fixes that the PC is getting to the PS3 aswell.

                Any options that the PC GUI has should be in the in the PS3 GUI aswell....including the ability to lower the graphics details if wanted. Don't want any framerate issues at all on this title.

                You will not be able to lower the graphics, the framerate is great on this game(it never slows down)... there will be and won't be any cross platform EVER, mainly because the two games play different, what do I mean well the ps3 version is much slower then the pc version. You notice in the pc version everyone is bouncing around shooting everywhere and the guns seem slower then the players themselves. Well in the ps3 version they slowed it down, mainly for framerate reasons and so that the game will play good when using a controller. Another thing to add, people who use mouse and keyboard are not going to be "BETTER" because with controller you have the auto aim feature, and with keyboard/mouse you don't, so it is very well balanced. Anyways thats my 2 cents, ill be back with more tonight when i get a chance to play it.

                If you play alot of UT hit me up on aim: kroosterpb or psn: xAirFive and you can join my clan, we are on the gamebattles ladder just let me know

                Comment


                  #9
                  I actually bought a PS3 for this game. I'm an Unreal fanatic but I no longer have a computer so I haven't even been able to play my beloved UT 2004. I have been so excited for this game for so long. I even bought the strategy guide just to get my fix. I also told my girlfriend goodbye and that I would see her again sometime in the new year, lol.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bleak5170 View Post
                    I actually bought a PS3 for this game. I'm an Unreal fanatic but I no longer have a computer so I haven't even been able to play my beloved UT 2004. I have been so excited for this game for so long. I even bought the strategy guide just to get my fix. I also told my girlfriend goodbye and that I would see her again sometime in the new year, lol.
                    Same here, I lost fun in PC gaming. Now I have a PS3 for games and UT3 will kick as. Although I think 16 players online max is a little bit low...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Trat View Post
                      Same here, I lost fun in PC gaming. Now I have a PS3 for games and UT3 will kick as. Although I think 16 players online max is a little bit low...

                      Yeah that seems to be a concern for a lot of people. I've watched a lot of bot matches and it only seems to be a problem in some VCTF and Warfare games. It can get a little lonely sometimes on the really large maps.

                      This is going to be a big problem in Quake Wars as well with it's 16 player max. It seems like 16 is the most consoles can handle these days, (with the exception of Warhawk). But even in Warhawk, 32 player can be way too many. I think in most UT 3 games, anything over 16 would be too chaotic.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Ill wait till the patches come out to make my decision.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          ahhh what to do...go run and buy it........lol i wanna wait to hear what some folks say first

                          Comment


                            #14
                            resistance was 40 player online and ran with no lag on world wide servers with voip

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Bleak5170 View Post
                              Yeah that seems to be a concern for a lot of people. I've watched a lot of bot matches and it only seems to be a problem in some VCTF and Warfare games. It can get a little lonely sometimes on the really large maps.
                              I'm feeling lonely all day...

                              This is going to be a big problem in Quake Wars as well with it's 16 player max. It seems like 16 is the most consoles can handle these days, (with the exception of Warhawk). But even in Warhawk, 32 player can be way too many. I think in most UT 3 games, anything over 16 would be too chaotic.
                              Resistance has 40 players online. I like it when it goes crazy like that (although I only play the big cathedral level, which was build for that player count). Still, the 32 player games are fun to in the Rooftop levels. Apart from that, I don't play much 32 player matches, mostly 16. But some levels in UT3 look very huge, so 16 might be a little to less. It don't get it, couldn't it be a (temporary) Gamespy network limitation, instead of a CPU/GPU/memory limitation of the PS3?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X