I hate the chat during loading map feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I wish they'd have mapvote, chat and scores from the game just played in one window. Shocking suggestion, I know. They must have turned the game over to the interns.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This shouldnt be a issue for the PS3. (you would think)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't lag in chatscreen...it's ok, maybe cuz i've installed the patch the same day i'd brought the game....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i love it, i can read every body complaining abought how i beat all players

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please, don't confuse fps with what lag is. If you are looking at a mostly static screen like the chat window, then you will see low fps as the screen doesn't need to be constantly updated. fps is best to describe lag in-game. I am not meaning to be picky, it can be confusing for someone who doesn't understand what lag or fps is.

I have also noticed that during map switching that my computer, especially the mouse, does not respond right away to my inputs. How's that for describing lag. LOL And the hitting esc several times to get back in-game has got to go. If Epic thinks chatting is so important while switching maps, then make it a popup window that can be easily closed with a click of a button or keybind once the map gets loaded.
    Just my 2 cents or more.
    -Cruce

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Chat tab should be much faster with the patch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gosh, seems like we have to press esc 4 or 5 times to do anything in this game lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CWO View Post
    This is probably one of their fixes in the beta patch at least in the mid-game part...
    Doesn't make any difference. Still slows to like 4 fps in chat tab.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems like they fixed it when you press ESC during the game as I experienced the same slow-down there iirc, but still not for the chat tab in beta 4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it still is very slow in the chatbox on beta3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is probably one of their fixes in the beta patch at least in the mid-game part...

- Improved mid game menu performance (don't render world behind it).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i like it altough i wish it loaded faster >_>
    does't really lag tough

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chat screen - no denying, it needs a wee bit work.

I'd like the ability to scroll back to see previous chat like in UT2K4. If you're not quick, you miss it.

It lags like nothing I have ever seen before, and not just during map load! If I go to the chat screen during the game, it lags.

A little bit of colour might be good so I can see who from what team is saying what, and to differentiate between console messages.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Think it's something to do with still rendering the level behind the interface or something. I'm pretty sure someone reported this as a bug, because it's definately an error.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    They could change the color of the chatlines, though. Makes it easier to differ between chat and gamelog at first glance. (Or is it already changed in a beta patch?)
    Or just bring back the chat log window, showing only what people said without the miscellaneous game and death messages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X