I hate the chat during loading map feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the chat during loading map feature

It really lags my computer, even though it's a Core 2 duo with 4 gigs of ram. The first 20 seconds of the map that has been voted for is laggy and I can't kill anything
    Either that or it's the streaming level thing that's doing it, either way it needs to get fixed.

Same thing. I've confirmed it with many clan members regardless of specs. The chat screen lags horribly.

Comment

same problem. I think it depends on which page you view before the new map loads. Like viewing the scores only doesn't do it so much, but viewing the chat or voting page does.

Comment

It doesn't lag your PC, the loading of the next map does.

Comment

They could change the color of the chatlines, though. Makes it easier to differ between chat and gamelog at first glance. (Or is it already changed in a beta patch?)

Comment

I dont get the problem if I dont shift to the chat/vote tabs though

Comment

it IS the chat that is laggy, any other tab runs smoothly during level loads.
              when I tab to the chat view my cursor immediately becomes choppy.

I also find it annoying that I have to press ESC several times just to see the game again when the level loads.

Comment

The UI in this game has took a few steps backwards from UT99 for sure.
                In UT99 after a game you could have scoreboard up, chat was on the same screen at the top & mapvote was there also (ok mapvote was a mod back then, but still).

Now you need 3 different screens for each thing :/

Comment

Its not the loading what makes you computer lag allthough it seems so, the chatscreen always lags. Even if you during the match go to that chatscreen, the fps starts to drop and you start to get huge mouselag.

Comment

Originally posted by ]NIN[ View Post
                    The UI in this game has took a few steps backwards from UT99 for sure.
                    In UT99 after a game you could have scoreboard up, chat was on the same screen at the top & mapvote was there also (ok mapvote was a mod back then, but still).

Now you need 3 different screens for each thing :/
                    UT99 chatbox rox tho, it very hard to recognize, what the others wrote in UT3 demo (/me hopes it's better in full version)

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                      They could change the color of the chatlines, though. Makes it easier to differ between chat and gamelog at first glance. (Or is it already changed in a beta patch?)
                      Or just bring back the chat log window, showing only what people said without the miscellaneous game and death messages.

Comment

Think it's something to do with still rendering the level behind the interface or something. I'm pretty sure someone reported this as a bug, because it's definately an error.

Comment

Chat screen - no denying, it needs a wee bit work.

I'd like the ability to scroll back to see previous chat like in UT2K4. If you're not quick, you miss it.

It lags like nothing I have ever seen before, and not just during map load! If I go to the chat screen during the game, it lags.

A little bit of colour might be good so I can see who from what team is saying what, and to differentiate between console messages.

Comment

i like it altough i wish it loaded faster >_>
                            does't really lag tough

Comment

This is probably one of their fixes in the beta patch at least in the mid-game part...

- Improved mid game menu performance (don't render world behind it).

Comment

Working...
                              X