please help, few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help, few questions

I have UT3 pre ordred for ps3, but even if some pc players could answer a few questions it would greatly appreciated.

1. How does the clan system work? (is it where people just add a tag to their name, similar to cod4, or is there a clan leader that makes a clan with a full clan name and adds a tag, then the leader sends out invites to other players, with a full clan list in game listing all the members and if they are online or not, like resistance fall of man or warjawk has).

2. Is there an in game buddy list and in game (text-based) messaging?

3. How does the leveling/experience system work? (Do you rank up and whats the highest level, how fast do you gain experience, does ranking up unlock more character customizations or anything else?).

4. How does the find game lobby work? (Is there a party system where you can be with a group of friends and get in the same games together, is there ranked and unranked games, and do you only get to choose from a list of games, or is there a "search for game" type of thing that automatically puts you in a game when you search?) (For "search for game", i dont mean by selecting filters, but where you choose a mode (say ctf) and it automatically puts you in a game of that mode).

5. What kinds of stats does it keep track of? Can other people see my stats by clicking my name or something? Do you get ribbons or medals for doing certain things (like so many kills with each weapon, headshots, etc?).

Ummm.. i know thats alot, but im really curious and some answers would really be appreciated. Thanks!

1) Don't know, I think each individual player adds the tag to themselves.

2) Yes there is, it's under the "community" tab.

3) There is no leveling or experience.

4) I haven't had the "Quick Match" option work for me yet, but there is no party option that I know of. However, if you add a friend you can opt to follow him into the game, under Community->Friends.

5) There are stats, you don't get any awards other than having the numbers rack up (i.e., X amount of headshots, X amount of killing sprees...). You can find your stats in-game by going to "leaderboards", which will by default display a listing of you and your friends (or just you if you don't have any). Double clicking your name will bring up your stats. Alternatively, you can check them out of game here: http://www.enemydown.co.uk/game.php?game=UT3. Just type in your username

There's really no RPG element in the game like in CoD4, although there is an RPG mutator that was just released if you're really really into leveling up, lol.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to answer. No party and ranking up are kinda dissapointing... but oh well. Alot of people here probably havent played it, but I really wish every online shooter would start following Resistance Fall of Man's online setup. Since it was a launch game that had such great "Community" type of features I figured it was the norm in online shooters, but I guess not. (was the 1st online fps I played).

Anyways, if anyone knows about the clan system that would help too. Thanks again for answering.

Comment

Just to add some stuff:

1) There's a little field in the settings (under "player") where you can fill in your clan tag, simple as that. Ingame the tag will appear in front of your name or above it, depending on the player count and consequently the space on the scoreboard. It's no strict system, you can also mess around with tags if you want to (no fake clan tags though, I'm talking about funny nick additions ;p). Clans itself are mostly managed outside of the game, at least that's how it works for PC gamers.

4) Besides following friends ingame, you can also invite them to matches. In the friends section you can see who is online (i.e. just logged in), who's playing a match and which people you can follow to a server.

5) As Unknown Target stated above, there are no awards in the sense of medals and stuff. In UT you get your awards ingame, so to speak. Like "Combo King" for 15 combo kills, killing sprees etc. which will all be visible in the stats later. The real award is winning a match, tbh. ;p

Comment

Thanks again. The clan info helped, it sounds exactly like CoD4, a little dissapointing i thought both games would have better clan support, but oh well. At least this has in game freinds, cod4 doesnt. thats frustrating.

About what you said about Combo King stuff, did you mean if someone checks my stats and ive done that, they will see that in my stats? Did you mean ladder? Or later? Sorry just a litlle confused.

Basically all my questions are answered though.

Comment

I don't think there's gonna be stats on the PS3. That enemydown site is just for PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_Mermaid_Girl View Post
              About what you said about Combo King stuff, did you mean if someone checks my stats and ive done that, they will see that in my stats? Did you mean ladder? Or later? Sorry just a litlle confused.

Basically all my questions are answered though.
              I meant "later", i.e. after a match, when the stats are tracked, arrived at the stats server thingy and are visible for you. ;p And yes, your stats are totally public (eek!) and everyone can see them. Just take a look at the page (or take a look at my stats, to see an example for specific player stats [no bragging inside, k thx]) what kind of infos they contain. There are your overall kills and death and the K/D ratio, you can see stuff like flag caps, healed and destroyed nodes, all the sprees and multiple kills you had, the pickups you collected ingame, kills for specific weapons and vehicles etc...

Edit: Mystikal: I guess that even the PS3 will have the leaderboards section in the game, which contains exactly the same infos as the enemydown page.

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591389

Someone made a rpg type mod you can try out.

Comment

Thanks again. I thought you meant "later" as in after they update, but i wasnt positive and wanted to clear it up. It's good they are totally public, i dont like cod4's stats only visible to my friends and I. So if i am in a game lobby about to join, people can click on my name and see my stats? That would be good. If not at least they are there.

However, i certainly hope they have stats for ps3. If they dont, then grrrrr would i be annoyed, as i was really looking forward to this and that would probably make me not get it.

Your stats page looks good, lots of info. Hoefully they add a ps3 part of that too. Resistance has the same thing, some stats in game, but more detailed on a website connected to the stats.

Edit: That level up mod is how i expected the game to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Target View Post
                    1)
                    5) There are stats, you don't get any awards other than having the numbers rack up (i.e., X amount of headshots, X amount of killing sprees...). You can find your stats in-game by going to "leaderboards", which will by default display a listing of you and your friends (or just you if you don't have any). Double clicking your name will bring up your stats. Alternatively, you can check them out of game here: http://www.enemydown.co.uk/game.php?game=UT3. Just type in your username
                    are those numbers correct?
                    it says my ELO rating is 1030, when i just check my rank in UT3, it jumped up to 15000's [from not playing for a day holy ****] whats an ELO?

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                      are those numbers correct?
                      it says my ELO rating is 1030, when i just check my rank in UT3, it jumped up to 15000's [from not playing for a day holy ****] whats an ELO?
                      The Elo rating system comes from chess. Whereas your global rank is where you are approximately within the UT3 population, your Elo rank is an indicator of skill level (higher is better). However, since the game is new, all ranks are going to change wildly as new players show up and all players log in more hours/kills.

Comment

Working...
                      X