Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what ever happened backflips and stuff ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woooo View Post
    umm, when was this? lol.

Comment

i didnt like skinnies doing flips and stuff in ut3/4. i like all peeps moving in the same predictable manner, so im glad they didnt put that back in.

Comment

In ut2003 and 2004- You did not have to press any special keys or anything, when you dodge off walls, dodge, dodge jump, jump forward-right-left it would do summersalts and ****

Comment

Ut99.............

Comment

They rocked in UT1.

Comment

Originally posted by CuTTingEdg3 777 View Post
              Ut99.............
              ^^ I dont remember UT99 so theres another answer for you.

Comment

Didn't like them.

Comment

In UT1, when you would dodge forward you would do a somersault, which apparently allowed you to avoid certain projectiles.

The Skaarj Hybrid model would also do a neat side roll type of dodge.

All those things were hella fun. But if implemented, all models should have them - not like in UT2, where the guys jump like easily-to-target idiots and the women were doing crazy flips.

Comment

Im sure in UT2 the hitboxes stayed the same so it didnt matter when they flipped or w/e

Comment

The crazy jumps were cool. I loved watching the characters do somersaults and barrel-rolls.

It's purely an aesthetic effect, so it doesn't affect gameplay, but it looks neat as hell. It shoulda stayed in.

Comment

ahh i forgot ut99 had this aswell, but like mentioned above all players moved the same way. maybe thats y imo ut3 dont feel the same as ut99 in its movement

Comment

If they brought those back in UT3, it would be even more unrealistic (well its "Unreal" Tournament) because you see all characters wearing heavy *** armour that it wouldn't make sense if they could pull one off. IMO, the movement speed is slower than in 2004.

I think they thought that 2004 was too fast so they brought back the classic movement. Probably aimed for newcomers to buy the game rather than just people who already played it.

Comment

I miss the flips...and the fast character speed all together...i keep finding myself going back to play 2k4 because i find it more fun...plus im getting sick of the handful of CTF and DM maps in UT3 =/

Comment

The flips had absolutely no bearing on gameplay other than looking cool when characters were dodging.

Comment

Working...
                              X